Ableton Live 9 Intro Description
What is Live9
Create, produce and perform. Create ideas, make changes without stopping, and capture everything as you work. If you’ve used music software before, you’re already familiar with one half of Ableton Live. Live’s Arrangement View is a familiar working space: time moves from left to right, while tracks are stacked vertically.
But Live also features the revolutionary Session View: a unique sketchpad for improvising, playing and performing with musical ideas, without the constraints of the timeline. Freely and independently start and stop any number of audio or MIDI loops - everything stays in sync. Almost everything in Live works in real-time - add, reorder or remove devices, play with Live’s flexible track routing and more - all without interrupting your creative flow.
Ableton Live Features
- Unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Unlimited Instruments, Audio effects and MIDI effects per project
- Group tracks
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Time signature changes
- Multiple automation lanes
- Track Freeze
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
Live 9 Intro Main Features
- 16 Audio and MIDI Tracks
- 8 Scenes
- 2 Send and Return Tracks
- 2 Audio inputs
- 2 Audio Outputs
The instruments and sounds you need to make music. Live comes with a collection of instruments, sounds, kits and loops for creating any kind of music.
- Drum Rack: an instrument for layering samples, synths and effects in a classic 16-pad grid
- Impulse: a drum sampler with complex modulation capabilities
- Simpler: an easy-to-use but powerful sampler with classic synthesis parameters
- Designer Drums: Synthesized drums that demonstrate the versatility and quality of Ableton Live 9's instruments and effects.
- Digicussion 1: A large synthetic drum library featuring dirty kicks, punchy snares, soft stabs, gritty textures, and more. Great for pounding electronic production, experimental sound design, and all kinds of rhythmic music.
- Loopmasters Mixtape: A set of samples and loops from Loopmasters, from synthesized sound design to acoustic drums and founds sounds. Features content from Partners such as Puremagnetik and Soniccouture, and Loopmasters' artist Pack sounds from artists such as Digable Planets, Coldcut, Todd Terry, and more.
- Unnatural Selection: A collection of samples, Live Clips and Demo Songs from Puremagnetik. Includes "Construction Kits", which can be easily rearranged and combined to create complete tracks.
Effects, processing and tweaking. For getting your sound right (or wrong in just the way you like it) Live has a full range of effects from corrective to creative.
- Auto Filter: classic analog filter emulation with an envelope follower and LFO
- Auto Pan: LFO-driven panning, tremolo and beat-synchronized chopping effects.
- Beat Repeat: creative beat mangling with controlled or randomized repetitions of an incoming signal
- Chorus: create thickening or flanging effects with two parallel modulated delays
- Compressor: dynamics processing to add punch and loudness
- EQ Three: three-band EQ with kill switches, modeled on classic DJ mixers
- Erosion: adds “digital”-sounding artifacts and noise to audio signals
- Flanger: classic tape phasing sound caused by time-modulated delays
- Gate: dynamics processing for noise reduction and decay or reverb shaping
- Grain Delay: granular delay with controlled or randomized pitch
- Limiter: sets an absolute output limit, suitable for mastering
- Looper: records, loops and overdubs audio, based on classic hardware looping pedals
- Phaser: sweeping effects created by notches in the frequency spectrum
- Ping Pong Delay: filtered delay that jumps between the left and right outputs
- Redux: bit- and sample-rate reduction for classic lo-fi sounds
- Reverb: simulates the acoustics of real or imaginary rooms
- Saturator: waveshaping distortion for adding dirt, punch and warmth
- Simple Delay: two independent delay lines with feedback and tempo sync
- Utility: multipurpose tool for adjusting gain, phase, stereo width and more
- Arpeggiator: takes individual notes from a held chord and plays them as a rhythmical pattern
- Chord: adds up to six additional pitches to incoming MIDI notes to create chords
- Note length: alters the length of incoming MIDI notes or triggers notes via Note Off
- Pitch: transposes MIDI notes by a specified amount
- Random: applies chance-based random transposition to MIDI notes
- Scale: remaps incoming MIDI notes to different outgoing MIDI notes
- Velocity: randomizes or compresses MIDI note velocity
Work with instruments and effects the way you want to. Live provides easy and flexible ways for combining and integrating all kinds of devices.
Use your external hardware synthesizers or effects units as if they were plug-ins, via Live’s unique External Instrument and External Audio Effect devices.
Make your own racks
Racks let you combine multiple instruments and effects into a single device. Each of the eight Macro knobs can be mapped to any number of parameters in a Rack, allowing for customized controls.
VST and Audio Units
Use VST or Audio Units instruments and effects alongside Live’s native devices.
Ableton’s Pack store allows you to browse and download instruments and patches.
Tools that understand audio, instead of just playing it. Live can convert harmony, melody and beats from recordings to MIDI.
Live can take the notes from audio files and transform them directly into notes in a MIDI track. This lets you extract harmony, melody or drums from an existing recording or one of your own. Even create new melodies and rhythms using solo instruments or your own voice. Sampling just got much bigger.
Software you can play. Live is even more powerful when it’s hands-on. And it works with instruments and controllers of all kinds:
Live works with any MIDI controller and includes instant mapping for the most popular ones.
Control Live with your iOS or Android device using powerful third-party software
Flexible MIDI and keyboard mapping
Map MIDI knobs, sliders, and buttons or even your computer keyboard to almost every control in Live.
Push. An instrument for song creation that fits in your backpack with your laptop
Push is designed to help you make songs from scratch. With the Push hardware you get all of the fundamental elements of music making - melody and harmony, beats, sounds, and song structure - at your fingertips. Because it’s powered by Live you still get all the advantages of software when it comes to editing, mixing, mastering and exporting your finished track.
What extras do I get if I buy a box?
A DVD with your Live 9 installer, DVDs with all your included Sounds, A printed manual & Stickers
Ableton Live 9 Installation Requirements
Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.5 or later, or PC with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8; Multicore processor; 2 GB RAM; 1024x768 display; DVD drive or broadband internet connection for installation;
Required disk space for basic installation: 3GB free disk space.
Disk used if all included sounds are installed: Live 9 Suite: 55 GB free disk space, Live 9 Standard: 12 GB free disk space, Live 9 Intro: 6 GB free disk space
- Additional Information
Colour No Category Music Composition Software Brand Ableton Manufacturer Ableton MPN HC025B/A EAN 4042921857260 Condition New Product Tags recording software, audio software, music computer, music software