Ableton Live 9 Standard Description
What is Live9
Create, produce and perform. Create ideas, make changes without stopping, and capture everything as you work. If you’ve used music software before, you’re already familiar with one half of Ableton Live. Live’s Arrangement View is a familiar working space: time moves from left to right, while tracks are stacked vertically.
But Live also features the revolutionary Session View: a unique sketchpad for improvising, playing and performing with musical ideas, without the constraints of the timeline. Freely and independently start and stop any number of audio or MIDI loops - everything stays in sync. Almost everything in Live works in real-time - add, reorder or remove devices, play with Live’s flexible track routing and more - all without interrupting your creative flow.
Ableton Live Features
- Unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation
- Multitrack recording up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- Nondestructive editing with unlimited undo
- Powerful MIDI sequencing of software and hardware instruments
- Advanced warping and real-time time-stretching
- Unlimited Instruments, Audio effects and MIDI effects per project
- Group tracks
- VST and Audio Unit support
- Time signature changes
- Multiple automation lanes
- Track Freeze
- Automatic plug-in delay compensation
- MIDI remote control instant mapping
- MIDI output to hardware synths
- MIDI Clock/sync
- Multicore/multiprocessor support
- WAV, AIFF, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC file support
Live 9 Standard Main Features
- Unlimited Audio and MIDI Tracks
- Unlimited Scenes
- 12 Send and Return Tracks
- 128 Audio inputs
- 128 Audio Outputs
- Complex warp modes: Advanced algorithms for stretching audio, ideal for working with mixed audio or full tracks
- Audio slicing: Slice audio to a Drum Rack or Sampler instance
- Audio to MIDI: Extract harmony, melody or drums from an audio sample and convert it to MIDI
- REX File support: Support for ReCycle/Reason audio files
- POW-r dithering: Mastering quality dithering modes for downsampling audio
- Video import/export: Import video as a clip and save modified video and audio
- Serato Scratch Live integration: The Bridge - DJ in Serato Scratch Live with a synced Ableton Live set. Edit your Serato Scratch Live mixes in Ableton Live.
- Groove pool and extract groove: A set of templates for timing and "feel" of sequences - or make your by extracting timing from existing audio material
The instruments and sounds you need to make music. Live comes with a collection of instruments, sounds, kits and loops for creating any kind of music.
- External Instrument: a tool for integrating your external hardware synthesizers into your Live Sets with the ease and flexibility of plug-ins
- Drum Rack: an instrument for layering samples, synths and effects in a classic 16-pad grid
- Impulse: a drum sampler with complex modulation capabilities
- Simpler: an easy-to-use but powerful sampler with classic synthesis parameters
- Bomblastic: Bomblastic is a Hip Hop drum kits library featuring 50 kits developed in conjunction with Uppercussion. Get punchy kicks, cracking snares, crisp claps, powerful percussion, hi-hats, cymbals and more. The kits are especially designed for Hip Hop, Dubstep, R&B, Pop and Dance genres.
- Breakbeats by KutMasta Kurt: A set of vintage-sounding Hip Hop breaks, kits and one-shots from producer Kutmasta Kurt, who has worked with artists including Too $hort, Beastie Boys, Kool Keith, The Pharcyde, and more. The breaks have been chopped up and MIDI sequenced, for flexible editing possibilities.
- Cyclic Waves: A premium selection from sound designer Ron MacLeod, constructed using innovative processing tools from Cycling '74, the makers of Max. Includes drum loops, acoustic instrument hits, lush ambiences, and more for inspiring sonic sculpting.
- Digicussion 2: A booster shot featuring even more pounding, crisp drum sounds from Uppercussion. Great for pounding electronic production, experimental sound design, and all kinds of rhythmic music.
- Drum Machines: A choice selection of classic drum machines, sampled to faithfully reproduce original sounds, plus a range of drum patterns and Live Clips. Includes samples of the Roland TR-808 and TR-909, LinnDrum, Oberheim DMX, Boss DR-55, and more.
- Grand Piano: The powerful expressiveness of a renowned concert grand in Live. Multiple articulations, sampled from a carefully prepared and programmed piano to capture the virtuosity of the classical grand piano sound.
- Guitars and Bass: A set of electric guitars and basses, expertly multisampled to cover different playing styles, velocities and articulations - from funky slap bass to gently strummed guitar chords.
- Konkrete Breaks: A set of premium sounds from Soniccouture's Konkrete Drums libraries, plus MIDI Clips exclusively designed by six prominent London-based artists. Unlike traditional audio breaks, these MIDI breaks can easily be edited and reorganized by sound.
- Sound Objects Lite: A unique collection of sampled objects typically found in a hardware store, including saw blades, joist hangers, metal pipes, ceramic tiles, and more.
- Vinyl Classics: Over 400 loops and samples from Zero-G in a wide range of styles, including smooth '70s grooves, gritty hip hop and edgy, abstract weirdness.
- Designer Drums: Synthesized drums that demonstrate the versatility and quality of Ableton Live 9's instruments and effects.
- Digicussion 1: A large synthetic drum library featuring dirty kicks, punchy snares, soft stabs, gritty textures, and more. Great for pounding electronic production, experimental sound design, and all kinds of rhythmic music.
- Loopmasters Mixtape: A set of samples and loops from Loopmasters, from synthesized sound design to acoustic drums and founds sounds. Features content from Partners such as Puremagnetik and Soniccouture, and Loopmasters' artist Pack sounds from artists such as Digable Planets, Coldcut, Todd Terry, and more.
- Unnatural Selection: A collection of samples, Live Clips and Demo Songs from Puremagnetik. Includes "Construction Kits", which can be easily rearranged and combined to create complete tracks.
Effects, processing and tweaking. For getting your sound right (or wrong in just the way you like it) Live has a full range of effects from corrective to creative.
- Dynamic Tube: tube saturation for added harmonics and warmth
- EQ Eight: eight parametric filters with a variety of controls for shaping timbre
- External Audio Effect: a tool for integrating your external hardware effects into your Live Sets with the ease and flexibility of plug-ins
- Filter Delay: three delay lines with independent filtering, feedback, stereo position, and more
- Frequency Shifter: classic frequency shifting and ring modulation, for effects ranging from subtle phasing to dissonant, metallic sounds
- Glue: analog-modeled compressor based on the classic bus compressor from a famous 80s mixing console
- Multiband Dynamics: upward and downward compression and expansion of up to three frequency bands
- Overdrive: distortion effect based on classic guitar pedals
- Resonators: five parallel, tunable resonators that apply a tonal character to incoming audio
- Spectrum: realtime analysis and visualization of incoming audio
- Vinyl Distortion: emulates the noise and distortion of vinyl records
- Vocoder: classic “talking synthesizer” and robotic voice effects
- Auto Filter: classic analog filter emulation with an envelope follower and LFO
- Auto Pan: LFO-driven panning, tremolo and beat-synchronized chopping effects.
- Beat Repeat: creative beat mangling with controlled or randomized repetitions of an incoming signal
- Chorus: create thickening or flanging effects with two parallel modulated delays
- Compressor: dynamics processing to add punch and loudness
- EQ Three: three-band EQ with kill switches, modeled on classic DJ mixers
- Erosion: adds “digital”-sounding artifacts and noise to audio signals
- Flanger: classic tape phasing sound caused by time-modulated delays
- Gate: dynamics processing for noise reduction and decay or reverb shaping
- Grain Delay: granular delay with controlled or randomized pitch
- Limiter: sets an absolute output limit, suitable for mastering
- Looper: records, loops and overdubs audio, based on classic hardware looping pedals
- Phaser: sweeping effects created by notches in the frequency spectrum
- Ping Pong Delay: filtered delay that jumps between the left and right outputs
- Redux: bit- and sample-rate reduction for classic lo-fi sounds
- Reverb: simulates the acoustics of real or imaginary rooms
- Saturator: waveshaping distortion for adding dirt, punch and warmth
- Simple Delay: two independent delay lines with feedback and tempo sync
- Utility: multipurpose tool for adjusting gain, phase, stereo width and more
- Arpeggiator: takes individual notes from a held chord and plays them as a rhythmical pattern
- Chord: adds up to six additional pitches to incoming MIDI notes to create chords
- Note length: alters the length of incoming MIDI notes or triggers notes via Note Off
- Pitch: transposes MIDI notes by a specified amount
- Random: applies chance-based random transposition to MIDI notes
- Scale: remaps incoming MIDI notes to different outgoing MIDI notes
- Velocity: randomizes or compresses MIDI note velocity
Work with instruments and effects the way you want to. Live provides easy and flexible ways for combining and integrating all kinds of devices.
Use your external hardware synthesizers or effects units as if they were plug-ins, via Live’s unique External Instrument and External Audio Effect devices.
Make your own racks
Racks let you combine multiple instruments and effects into a single device. Each of the eight Macro knobs can be mapped to any number of parameters in a Rack, allowing for customized controls.
VST and Audio Units
Use VST or Audio Units instruments and effects alongside Live’s native devices.
Ableton’s Pack store allows you to browse and download instruments and patches.
Tools that understand audio, instead of just playing it. Live can convert harmony, melody and beats from recordings to MIDI.
Live can take the notes from audio files and transform them directly into notes in a MIDI track. This lets you extract harmony, melody or drums from an existing recording or one of your own. Even create new melodies and rhythms using solo instruments or your own voice. Sampling just got much bigger.
Software you can play. Live is even more powerful when it’s hands-on. And it works with instruments and controllers of all kinds:
Live works with any MIDI controller and includes instant mapping for the most popular ones.
Control Live with your iOS or Android device using powerful third-party software
Flexible MIDI and keyboard mapping
Map MIDI knobs, sliders, and buttons or even your computer keyboard to almost every control in Live.
Push. An instrument for song creation that fits in your backpack with your laptop
Push is designed to help you make songs from scratch. With the Push hardware you get all of the fundamental elements of music making - melody and harmony, beats, sounds, and song structure - at your fingertips. Because it’s powered by Live you still get all the advantages of software when it comes to editing, mixing, mastering and exporting your finished track.
What extras do I get if I buy a box?
A DVD with your Live 9 installer, DVDs with all your included Sounds, A printed manual & Stickers
Ableton Live 9 Installation Requirements
Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.5 or later, or PC with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8; Multicore processor; 2 GB RAM; 1024x768 display; DVD drive or broadband internet connection for installation;
Required disk space for basic installation: 3GB free disk space.
Disk used if all included sounds are installed: Live 9 Suite: 55 GB free disk space, Live 9 Standard: 12 GB free disk space, Live 9 Intro: 6 GB free disk space
- Additional Information
Colour No Category Music Composition Software Brand Ableton Manufacturer Ableton MPN 85800 EAN 4042921858007 Condition New Product Tags music software, audio software, recording software