The MPK261 features 61 semi-weighted keys, RGB backlit trigger pads lifted straight from the MPC Renaissance and a LCD screen with parameter feedback. Designed to erase the line between hardware control and software performance the MPK series include a low-power mode for iOS connectivity via the Camera Connection Kit and enhanced response from the refined keybed.
All In One Controller
The Akai MPK261 is a performance pad and keyboard controller that combines software integration, enhanced workflow and core technologies from the iconic MPCs. It comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effects plugins, DAWs and more.
The controller puts 61 semi weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 assignable knobs, faders and switches, 16 MPC style pads with RGB feedback and onboard transport buttons at your fingertips. Three banks expand the number of knobs, faders and switches (up to 24 each) and four pad banks expand the pads (up to 64 total). Plus, the Akai MPK261 is optimised to interface directly with your Mac and PC using USB power plug and play connectivity.
Perform and Record
The Akai MPK261 has a premium piano style keybed with 61 semi weighted, full size keys for an excellent natural response and feel. The velocity sensitive keys are fitted with aftertouch for dynamic recordings and expressive performances. Octave Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range, play bass lines, piano harmony, solo leads and more. Bundled with MPK261 is SONiVOX?s Eighty-Eight Ensemble, an authentic grand-piano virtual instrument, that lets you compose or perform with pristine, expertly voiced piano samples.
Classic MPC Swing, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, and 16 Levels are all onboard for further inspiration. With MPK261, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years: MPC Swing lets MPK261 users obtain that tight, organic groove that made Akai Pro's groundbreaking MPC music-making machines so legendary. MPC Note Repeat and 16 Levels make it easy to build beats and construct short melodic sequences using the MPC-style pads. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
The Akai MPK261 comes complete with Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials for out of the box music creation. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas. MPC Essentials, a groove/beat production and sample-triggering software, can integrate directly into any DAW, such as Ableton Live Lite, or run standalone. In addition, it extends the power of MPK261 by adding up to 8 pad banks and 4 samples and insert effects per pad.
A world-class piano instrument and two high def virtual synths bring you the best of synthesis technology. Hybrid 3 is a versatile synth that combines the warmth of legendary analog synths with a full range of futuristic, digital manipulation capabilities. SONiVOX Twist, a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument makes it easy to create serious sounds using simple controls. Together, all these tools give the MPK261 enough music creation power to kickstart any project.
- 61 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 16 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 64 pads
- 24 assignable Q-Link controllers include knobs, faders, and switches (8 of each)
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input and output
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Comprehensive transport & parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls with split mode for expressive performances
- 2 assignable footswitch jacks and 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0, SONiVOX Eighty-Eight Ensemble and Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)
- Number of Keys: 61 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 control knobs, 8 faders, and 8 backlit switches
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yesv
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input and (2) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 35.63" x 12.25" x 3.38"
- Weight: 15.1 lbs
- Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
- Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Available USB Port
- Additional Information
Colour No Category Musical Instrument Accessories Brand Akai Manufacturer AKAI MPN MPK261 EAN 00694318015575 Condition New Product Tags midi controller, midi controller keyboard, midi keyboard