Alesis 3632 Compressor
The Alesis 3630 Compressor™ is the most popular dynamics processor ever made. Its successor, the 3632 Compressor, builds on its popular design and features is the new update for the old "classic" 3630.
This easy-to-use unit provides two independent full-featured compressor/limiters in one compact rack space with excellent sonic quality for any application from studio recording to live sound or broadcast.
The 3632’s compressor attack and release times can be automatically set dependent on the source material, or full manual control can be exercised. The unit can function as either two separate processors, or stereo linked to provide true stereo compression. An adjustable expander/gate and very low distortion Voltage Control Amplifiers (VCA) deliver smooth sound.
The compressor section's threshold knob is surrounded by four buttons. One of them toggles a low-pass filter in the sidechain, to reduce the amount that low frequencies trigger the compression. This is the same as dbx's "Contour" function. Another button toggles between soft-knee ("smart") and hard-knee compression response. This "Smart" is the same as dbx's "Overeasy" function, and it even uses the exact same 3-LED system for indicating whether your signal is in the soft knee threshold range. The last two buttons control sidechain routing, useful for applications like dance-track mixing effects or adding an EQ into the control path. It actually offers a bit more sidechain flexibility than most other rack comps.
• Intelligent compression and dynamics
• Stereo compressor/expander/limiter/gate
• Minimised signal path for optimal sound quality
• Intelligent Knee for musical performance with soft and hard-knee envelopes
• Intelligent Ratio adjusts expansion based on input signal
• Intelligent Gain auto-adjusts output
• Auto attack and release times based on signal analysis, plus full manual control
• Dimensions (WxDxH): 483 (19") x 195 x 45 mm
• Weight: 3.1 kg