Wave-Form Mesh Head
The Aston Origin has our signature wave-form mesh head. This unique design not only looks great, but delivers an unprecedented degree of protection for the heart of your microphone, the capsule. The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage at all. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artefacts from your recordings.
Built In Pop Filter
Aston’s vocal condenser microphones have an exclusive mesh-knit pop filter built into the wave-form head. The random weave allows sound to pass while virtually eliminating unwanted plosives at source. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation making our microphones ideal in critically sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is formed in stainless steel, so won’t rust with use, and can even be removed and washed.
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 80dB A-Weighted
- Polar pattern: Omni/Cardioid/Figure-of-Eight
- Pad Switches: -20dB/-10dB/0dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz