The Boss 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Distortion Effects Pedal commemorated 40 years of Boss pedal innovation. With the original Boss DS-1 fueling the signature sound of a wide variety of rock legends, and outselling every other Boss pedal to date, the classic DS-1 sound has been retained with a beautiful limited edition enclosure. Featuring a rugged black exterior, with contrasting gold lettering and gold capped control knobs, this limited edition Boss distortion pedal is sure to stand out on any pedalboard. This pedal comes packaged in a special commemorative box emblazoned with the Boss 40th anniversary logo, and will be limited to 2017 only.
Limited Edition Version of the Renowned DS-1
The original Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal was released in 1978 as part of their second wave of compact pedal releases. The instantly recognisable attack and creamy sustain immediately struck with a variety of guitarists, and became a core part of many player's set-ups. Over the past 40 years, the entire Boss compact pedal range has been adored by millions, with the DS-1 being the most popular. With such a unique and powerful tone, you can easily see how it became so highly regarded. Notable player's who have used the Boss DS-1 include, but are most certainly not limited to; Kurt Cobain, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Mike Stern.
Legendary Boss Build Quality
When you hold a Boss guitar pedal, you can feel the sturdy construction in your hand. They are renowned for their excellent build quality, great sound, and a unique highly functional design that remains a key part of the Boss pedal range four decades on. While the primary aspects of Boss pedals have remained the same, the technology and innovation within their range has constantly evolved. Boss' ultimate goal of achieveing the best possible sound is a key factor in their excellent pedals.
Simple Three Control Layout
The DS-1 has an intuitive three knob control panel including Tone, Level and Distortion. The combination of these three controls gives you access to a full range of tone, from subtle snarl to all-out fuzz. The midrange is scooped which gives a distinct tonal flavour made famous in songs such as Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit".
- Classic Boss Distortion tones for guitar and keyboard
- Reproduces dynamics of playing, from soft to hard
- Distortion, Level and Tone control to tailor overall sound as desired
- Unique black enclosure with contrasting gold lettering and gold capped knobs
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 470 ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise Level: -122 dBu (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (9 V DC)
- Power Supply: 9 V DC: Dry Battery 9 V type, AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 4 mA (9 V DC)
- Accessories: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V)
- Dimensions: (W) 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches (D) 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches (H) 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (incl. battery): 0.4 kg, 0 lbs. 15 oz.
- Additional Information
Colour No Category Musical Instrument Accessories Brand Boss Manufacturer Boss MPN DS-14A EAN 4957054510725 Condition New Product Tags No