At Fender, we live and breathe electric instruments. We never rest—pushing craftsmanship to its limits, we design, test and endlessly experiment to create the best instruments on the planet. The Jazz Bass, a refinement of concepts first introduced in the Precision Bass, is the earliest example of
this philosophy in action. Evolved for today’s musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass Left-Hand combines modern features and materials with Fender’s craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
Speedy, powerful and articulate, the Jazz Bass quickly carved out a niche for itself when it was released in 1960. The slim, ultra-fast neck and slick offset-waist styling made it a favorite of bassists everywhere. Funk, fusion, disco and, of course, modern rock all owe a life debt to the fantastically versatile Jazz Bass.
Developed by pickup master Michael Bump, the brand-new V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. Designed for comfort and performance, the slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tallfrets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazz Bass Left-Hand is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “Slim C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green (700, 706), 3-Ply Parchment (748)
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: NA
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case
- Additional Information
Colour No Category Bass Guitars Brand Fender Manufacturer Fender MPN 019-3920-748 EAN 00885978749188 Condition New Kind of Guitar No Body Shape No Left-Handed No Neck Finish No Product Tags Bass Guitar