System Version 2
With a new colour scheme to give it a stunning look, the Electribe is given an ungraded system that adds support for a pattern chain function and undo function, providing a great asset for live performances. Along with a system update, Korg has also provided over 200 new bonus patterns that work with a variety of musical styles.
The unit has 16 pads placed on the front of the unit which let you create patterns intuitively whilst actually hearing and seeing the sounds. Use the pads as a keyboard to record phrases in realtime and perform step recording by entering the pitch and rhythmic value one note at a time. The patterns you create can be used in alternate forms as you perform by taking advantage of the "step jump" feature inherited from the volca series, or by changing the "last step" to vary the length of each part. There's also a "motion sequence" function that lets you record knob and button operations and use them in the pattern that you create. Either drums or synths can now be assigned to each of the 16 pads. For example you could create complex rhythms by assigning drums to all of the 16 parts.
The "touch scale" function lets anyone perform without wrong notes, just by moving a finger across the touch pad. The trigger pads make it easy for anyone to create phrases intuitively and can also be used for drum input. Settings allow you to switch velocity on/off.
The Electribe's 200 preset patterns cover House and Techno as well as cutting-edge dance music genres such as Trap and EDM. Another major evolution of the new electribe is support for polyphonic playback, which is indispensable for musical styles that involve complex chord progressions such as House music.
Hybrid Synth Engine
For the electribe, KORG designed a synth engine that gives you the maximum sound-creating freedom and the fastest sound production. The 409 oscillator waveforms include analog modeling and PCM. The analog modeling synth engine provides a broad variety ranging from simple basic waveforms to complex combinations such as dual, unison, sync, ring modulation, and cross modulation. The PCM sound engine provides mainly rhythm sounds, but also covers multisamples for keyboard (collaborations with Sample Magic, Loopmasters, Prime Loops are included).
The filters at the heart of the sound-shaping capabilities are inherited directly from the KingKORG, and they use filter algorithms that simulate standard synthesizers so that you can get "the sound" which was used in famous songs, just by selecting the appropriate filter type.
Modulation on the Korg Electribe Sampler is easy - simply select a template that specifies an effect and its target and then adjust the speed and depth of the effect to suit your taste.
Advanced Use of Samples
The "Time Slice" function detects attacks within the phrase and slices it appropriately, allowing you to play the phrase at the desired tempo without significantly affecting the sound. Sounds within a sliced part can also be used separately by assigning them to steps or parts. You can even apply an effect to a sample and then resample it while using the knobs to vary the pitch or modulation.
Effects and Groove
The Korg Electribe Sampler provides effects such as compression and overdrive for each part, giving you uncompromising control over the nuances of individual sounds that differ subtly between genres. The groove function can be specified for each part, letting you apply a groove to your phrase simply by selecting a template.
The master effects of the Korg Electribe Sampler can be controlled from the touch pad, and they include not only spatial-type effects that shape the overall acoustics but they also include effects that apply aggressively musical transformations such as the "Vinyl Break" effect inherited from the Kaoss pad series, and the newly developed "Seq Reverse" and "Odd Stepper" that change the playback order of the sequencer. These are extremely effective for live performance. Insert effects can be assigned for individual parts, opening up even more complex sound-design possibilities.
There's also a "pattern set" function which lets you switch patterns by pressing trigger pads, and an "event recording" function that records that performance. In addition to MIDI IN/OUT, "Sync IN/OUT" is also provided, allowing synchronized performances with the volca series, monotribe, or MS-20 mini. The unit can run on six AA batteries, so you can easily take it along with you and perform anywhere, providing on-the-go inspiration to your musical ideas.
KORG has collaborated with Ableton to offer a new music production workflow that combines the best of hardware and software. The Electribe Sampler can internally save and export patterns in Ableton Live format. Individual patterns and parts are saved as scenes and clips in an Ableton Live Set. Use Live's powerful Session and Arrangement workflows to edit and refine your ideas, perform or record new parts, arrange your ideas, and mix your song. The KORG electribe sampler includes Live Lite.
- Features the Latest System Version 2 which can also be downloaded from here
- An Evolved Step Sequencer
- Intuitive Beat Making with the Trigger Pads and Touch Pad
- A Synth Engine that Allows the Fastest Sound Production
- Even Deeper Creative Potential: Effects and Groove Templates
- New Functions for Live Performance: Master Effects, Pattern Sets, Sync In/Out
- A New Workflow: Interoperation with Ableton Live
- Over 200 Bonus Presets which can be downloaded here
- Maximum Polyphony: 24 voices
- Number of Parts: 16
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- Number of Oscillator Types: 409
- Number of Filter Types: 16
- Number of Modulation Types: 72
- Memory Capacity: 250 patterns
- Scale Types: 35
- Gate Arpeggiator Types: 50
- AD/DA Conversion: 24 Bit
- Insert Effects: 38 Types
- Master Effects: 32 Types
- Number of Steps: Up to 64 Steps for Each Part
- Number of Patterns: 250 (200 Presets/50 Initial)
- Motion Sequences: Up to 24 can be Stored
- Groove Types: 25
- Pattern Set: Up to 64 can be Stored
- Pattern Chain: Up to 250 can be Stored
- Export: Ableton Live Project File Format/Wav File Format (48 kHz, 16 Bit)
- Event Recording: Save up to 100 Files
- Number of Pads: 16 (Velocity Sensitive is Supported)
- L/Mono Output (Standard Phone Jack)
- R Output (Standard Phone Jack)
- Headphones (Stereo Mini Jack)
- Line Input (Stereo Mini Jack)
- MIDI: In, Out (Use an Included MIDI Adapter Cable)
- USB: Type Micro B
- Sync: In, Out (Stereo Mini Jack)
External Storage Device
- SD Card (More than 1GB)
- SDHC Card (Up to 32GB)
- Power Supply:AC Adaptor or AA battery x 6, (Alkaline Battery or Nickel Metal Hydride Battery)
- Battery Life: Approximately 5 hours, (Power Saving: ON, with Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery)
- Current Consumption: Less than 500 mA
- Zinc Die Cast
- W x D x H: 13.35" (339mm) x 7.44" (189mm) x 1.77" (45mm)
- 1.6 kg / 3.53 lbs
- 0- +40C (Non-Condensing)
- AC Adaptor (KA-350)
- MIDI Adapter Cable x 2
- Ableton Live 9 Lite (License Card Included)
- Additional Information
Colour Blue Category Musical Instrument Accessories Brand Korg Manufacturer Korg MPN EMX2-BL EAN 04959112156913 Condition New Product Tags No