KRK VXT 8 Active Studio Monitors Description
ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) Foam Enclosure
- High density / low resonance material giving improved structural integrity and rigidity resulting in an extended low-end response. Allows the internal design to have complex shapes and non-parallel walls, increasing rigidity and reducing internal nodes. ABS also has extremely high impact resistance and excellent damping characteristics which reduces cabinet resonance.
Front Firing Radiused / Non-parallel Ports
- Facilitates the smooth passage of air molecules which reduces port turbulence at high signal pressure levels. Front ring to avoid wall / corner coupling.
Radiused Enclosure Edges
- Eliminating diffraction and phase distortion results in improved imaging characteristics as well as a wider sweet spot at the monitoring position.
Silk Domed Tweeter
- The domed tweeter is comprised of true silk for fast transient response. Silk construction reduces ear fatigue and the tweeter waveguide geometry ensures HF directivity.
Woven Kevlar Cone
- The inter-molecular hydrogen bonds of Kevlar give the cone high tensile strength for it's light weight. Kevlar also maintains its strength and resilience over a wide temperature range. The lightweight and resilient properties of Kevlar reduces distortion and delivers extended low-end performance as compared to cones made from paper or polypropylene.
Proprietary Woofer Design
- The aluminum pole and vented formers remove heat and reduce the eects of power compression ensuring audio performance is consistent and does not deteriorate over time.
HF and LF Controls
- Adjustment of the LF response is provided to allow compensation for room response and desktop positioning. Adjustment of the HF is provided to compensate for room acoustics or to reduce ear fatigue when listening for extended durations.
Multiple Protection Circuitry
- Thermal, over voltage and over-current circuitry is employed in the design. There is also a switchable limiter which will protect the unit from transients in the signal path.
- Allowing the disconnection of the ground terminal to help resolve issues such as hum and buzz caused by ground loops in poorly congured power systems.
- Configuration: 2-Way
- System type: Active Studio Monitor
- Low-Frequency: 8" Woven Kevlar woofer
- High-Frequency: 1" soft dome tweeter
- Frequency Response: 37Hz - 22kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Max Peak SPL: 114 dB
- Amplifier Class: Class A-B
- Power Output: 180W
- High Frequency: 60W
- Additional Information
Colour No Category Studio Monitors Brand KRK Manufacturer KRK MPN KRKVXT8 EAN 00816654000873 Condition New Product Tags studio monitors