Roland RD800 Digital Piano
The ultimate stage piano for live performance
The ideal stage piano should do several things exceptionally well; sound amazing, have a great keyboard action, and be able to handle life on the road without needing three people to carry it. We know all this because we’ve spent the last 25 years making stage pianos, and the RD-800 is our finest yet. Refined acoustic grand pianos are joined by vintage electric pianos, organs, synth sounds and many more, brought to life through our latest weighted hammer-action keyboard that plays like a dream. It’s intuitive and easy to use onstage too, with a colour display, plenty of dedicated controls, including the new Tone Color function for dramatic sound manipulation from a single knob. And once the gig is done, you’ll be happy that this is the lightest flagship RD ever, weighing just under 22kg. Packed full of heavyweight features but light where it counts, the RD-800 is truly at home on stage.
- Professional stage piano with the acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano engine plus many other top Roland sounds and features
- Choose from a wide selection of acoustic pianos voiced for live playing, including a new Concert Grand tone derived from the V-Piano Grand, upright tones, and more
- Newly enhanced SuperNATURAL-based electric pianos and clavs with authentic vintage sound and feel
- Over 1100 additional sounds for versatility on stage, including Virtual Tone Wheel organs, vintage keys, modern synths, and many others
- Roland’s top-of-the-line PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, equipped with the latest touch-detection technology
- Intuitive interface designed for easy operation while performing, with fast access to essential functions such as tone layering, keyboard split point, and more
- Manipulate sounds quickly on stage via dedicated controls for Live Set selection, part levels, Modulation FX, Tremolo, Amp Simulator, and more
- Tone Colour knob provides complex tonal manipulation in real time with a single control
- Colour LCD and panel knobs with LED indicators provide easy visibility on dark stages
- WAV recording/song playback and user memory backup with optional USB flash memory
- Master MIDI keyboard controller features; four external pedal connections (Damper, FC1, FC2, and EXT)
- 1/4-inch and balanced XLR stereo output jacks; convenient 1/8-inch stereo input for connecting a music player or other device
- Sleek, durable design with reduced weight for easier transport
A STAGE PIANO 25 YEARS IN THE MAKING
It sounds obvious, but a stage piano has to really sound like a piano. The RD-800 is powered by Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano engine, for a truly authentic acoustic piano experience with seamless tonal colour changes, natural note decay, and authentic key range behaviour. You get five acoustic piano types with 34 variations, an upright piano, and a concert grand with enhanced presence for cutting through in live situations. And regardless of the piano you choose, each and every one has the power to move people.
RESPONSIVE AND PLAYABLE KEYBOARD ACTION
If you’re not feeling the keyboard action, the audience won’t feel the performance, so make sure your keyboard is up to the job. The RD-800 is built around our latest, most expressive keyboard: the PHA-4 Concert Class with escapement and Ivory/Ebony feel. There’s a lot of technology behind the scenes - but all you need to know is that we designed the keyboard with one aim; to feel like you’re playing a world-class grand piano. And we think we’ve nailed it.
EASY TO USE LIVE AND QUICK TO TWEAK ON STAGE
The RD-800 has the power to be every piano you ever need; but never at the expense of simplicity. With our latest SuperNATURAL Piano engine, the RD-800 lets you shape the piano sound exactly to your liking via the onboard Piano Designer that lets you adjust string resonance, key-off resonance, hammer noise, and many other aspects of the sound. Of course, all your custom settings can be stored as Live Sets for instant recall during your performances.
MATCH YOUR PIANO SOUND TO THE VENUE
Here’s the thing with stage pianos. Until you get to the venue, you never know what the stage will be like; a wide-open space with poor acoustics or a small, intimate corner where the crowd are on top of you. With the RD-800’s Individual Note Voicing, you can adjust the pitch, level, and tonal character independently for all 88 notes. so you can balance the sound to perfectly suit the venue you’re performing in.
22KG OF STADIUM-FILLING SOUND
You can have the best sounding piano, but if it weighs a ton you’ll think twice about taking it out to play. Although it’s built to withstand life on the road, the RD-800 is one of the lightest stage pianos around, weighing just 21.6kg. Which means you can walk into the venue with a stadium-filling sound under your arm.
A WIDE VARIETY OF VERSATILE, TRUSTED SOUNDS
Make no mistake: the RD-800’s piano sounds will give you goosebumps. But what happens when you arrive at the gig to discover no-one told you to bring a second keyboard? With the RD-800 you’ll be just fine, as you also get strings, electric pianos, organs, synth sounds and more - with each and every one guaranteed to get the crowd moving.
BUILT FOR LIFE ON THE ROAD
If you’re going to have crowds of people staring at you, you’d better be prepared. The RD-800 looks as good as it sounds, combining smooth sleek lines with a strong, sturdy onstage presence. It’s strong on the inside too: decades of building stage pianos has taught us that life on the road is hard, so we designed the RD-800 to be the toughest RD yet.
- Additional Information
Colour No Category Pianos Brand Roland Manufacturer Roland MPN RD-800 EAN 4957054504298 Condition New Product Tags digital piano, electric piano, electronic piano, stage piano, portable piano