Fender Player Jaguar Bass Pau Ferro Capri Orange
The Fender Player Series is one of Fender's most exciting releases to date! An upgrade from the Mexican Standard, the Player Series features incredibly accessible and affordable models for bassists of all levels. Featuring a comfortable 'C' profile neck, Vintage Style pickups and an Alder body, this guitar is a power house for those wanting to excel on stage, at home or in the studio!
Alder has been chosen for the body, a popular choice for many of Fender's solid-body offerings. Its resonant tone and midrange emphasis makes it perfect for the contemporary bass player; expect a honky response with plenty of attack and enough depth to underpin the biggest of grooves.
The maple modern C-shape neck perfectly complements the Alder body with its snappy response. It emphasises your attack, ensuring that your popping basslines shine through any mix, live and in the studio. You've also got a Maple fretboard as part of the same piece of wood, meaning smooth playability and that classic Fender contrasting look. The golden Maple used for Fender's fretboards ages naturally, gradually becoming richer in colour as times goes on.
Fender have employed a double-bill of classic bass tone for the Jaguar Bass. A Player Series single-coil Jazz bass bridge pickup is teamed up with a Player Series split-coil Precision bass middle pickup. This gives you even coverage of the Fender bass tonal spectrum; fat lows, a punchy midrange and a crystal-clear attack that makes the Jag bass suitable for whatever you throw at it!
Iconic Fender Standard Open-gear tuning machines, a 3-ply pickguard, chrome hardware and a four-bolt F-stamped neck plate are among the additional features that complete the Jaguar Bass picture. Innovative, beautiful, versatile, but make no mistake - this is a Fender through-and-through!
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front (Maple)
- Fingerboard: Maple or Pau Ferro, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots (Maple), White Dots (Pau Ferro)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge), Player Series Alnico 5 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass (Middle)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome