Arturia Keylab 49 MKII Black
The Arturia KeyLab series made a name for itself as a budget-friendly solution for fluid recording and performance integration. Combining cutting-edge DAW compatibility with standalone synth functionality, it rewrote the rulebook for what a keyboard controller could do. It has been given a spectacular overhaul, with brand new sounds, a more advanced interface, top-class build quality and sleek aesthetics - say hello to the KeyLab MkII!
The Keylab 49 MKII is the perfect choice for any digital musician, featuring a high-end keybed taken from Arturia’s MatrixBrute synthesizer. The velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch provides maximum expression, resulting in fluid playability with the ability to showcase every nuance of your playing. The keybed is accompanied by a modulation and pitch bend wheel for added control when playing live. Not only is the Keylab 49 MKII ideal for studio productions, it can also be great as a live performance instrument with its wide range of controls and ergonomic interface.
Performance Pads, Encoders and Rotary Controls
In addition to the premium-grade keybed, the Keylab MKII also includes a range of other useful parameters and controls. 16 RGB backlit performance pads are included, perfect for finger drumming and triggering samples. The performance pads can also be useful for triggering pre-programmed chords and switching between control maps. 9 large faders and 9 rotary knobs are also included, perfect for controlling automation, volume and other parameters within your chosen DAW. One of the most unique features is the magnetic overlays which can be used to annotate the 16 transport controls for maximum control. This allows you to control transport controls within your selected DAW at the touch of a button.
Seamless DAW Integration
The Keylab MKII is ideal for use with digital audio workstations, being suited to Ableton thanks to the quick-mapped controls. It will work seamlessly with a wide range of DAWs including Ableton, Reason, FL Studio, Logic and more. It even includes quick access buttons for quickly loading and using patches such as piano sounds via the Piano button. It also provides maximum control for Arturia’s software instruments such as the V Collection.
Complete With Ableton Live Lite & VSTs
To get you started straight away, the keyboard comes complete with a range of premium-grade software including the renowned DAW – Ableton Live Lite. Ableton Live Lite is a condensed version of Ableton Live, providing everything you need to compose, edit and record music. In addition to Ableton Live Lite is Arturia’s own Piano V software instrument. The Piano V is Arturia’s physically modelled piano studio, featuring a range of premium-grade piano emulations. Also included is the inspiring preset collection Analog Lab, which includes a wide variety of high-end presets and patches.
Design & Connectivity
The compact yet robust design features a sleek aluminium chassis, with real wood side panels for a rich, high-class aesthetic. The modulation and pitch wheels are also constructed from the same luxurious machine aluminium. It features a built-in LED screen complete with a navigation wheel for changing settings, complete with smart category controls for quick and easy setting recall. The rear of the unit features sustain and expression inputs for use with external pedals. Also included are 3 configurable AUX inputs for creative control for both studio and stage applications. One of the things that sets the Keylab MKII apart from conventional MIDI keyboard controllers is the modular connectivity. It features integrated connections for CV pitch, gate and 2 modulations controls for use with external synths and Eurorack modules.
- 49-Key MIDI keyboard controller
- Versatile design makes it ideal for studio and stage applications
- Luxury 49-note velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch taken from the MatrixBrute
- Integrated modular connectivity using CV pitch, gate and 2 modulations controls
- 16 multi-function RGB performance pads ideal for finger-drumming and triggering samples
- 9 large faders and 9 rotary knobs can be used to control automation
- Seamless integration with Arturia’s own software instruments and your favourite DAW
- DAW control with magnetic overlays
- 3 configurable AUX inputs for total creative control
- Aluminium chassis with real wood side panels
- 16 transport controls
- Quick access buttons
- Crisp integrated screen with navigation wheel
- Complete with Ableton Live Lite, Piano V and Analog Lab preset collection
- Type Of Keys: Semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive
- Encoders/Pots: 9
- Faders: 9
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (sustain), 1 x 1/4" (expression), 3 x 1/4" (aux)
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/8" (CV in), 4 x 1/8" (CV out, Gate out, Mod 1, Mod 2)
System Requirements (For Software)
- Operating System: Windows 7 or better // OS 1.10 or better
- Recommended RAM: 4GB
- Hard Disk Space: 2GB