Korg OPSIX Altered FM Synthesizer
Korg's opsix is designed to rethink everything you know about FM synthesis, representing a new and expansive reimagination of this classic digital synthesis. It is an "altered" six operator FM synthesizer with an incredibly accessible operator mixer and a sound engine more flexible than traditional FM.
An instrument built for players of all generations, whether new to synths, adding a completely unique addition to your sound palate, or an original FM purist.
Much like with wavestate and wave sequencing Korg's goal with the opsix was to bring more power, musicality and immediate accessibility to FM Synthesis. Successfully following on this ideology has resulted in the opsix being another incredibly flexible and unique synth.
The opsix features a diversity of waveforms, operator modes, and a filter that adds a touch of subtractive synthesis, all to tame the complexities of FM so you can focus on exploring sounds instead of programming them.
The knobs and sliders feature two-colored LEDs which let you quickly and clearly understand the relationships between the operators, throughout each algorithm.
With all these features and many more the opsix offers the utmost in control, flexibility and accessibility, making it possibly one of the ultimate creativity machines in FM synthesis.
- Keysboard: 37 Keys (Velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Sound Generating System: Altered FM sound generator
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 Voices (dependant on settings)
- Structure: 6 operators, 1 filter, 3 EGs, 3 LFOs, 3 effects, step sequencer, arpeggiator
- Algorithm: 40 presets + user algorithm
- Operator: 5 modes - FM, Ring Mod., Filter, Filter FM, Wave Folder
- Waveforms: 21 waveforms - Sine, Sine 12bit, Sine 8bit, Triangle, Saw, Saw HD, Square, Square HD, Additive Saw3, Additive Sqr3, Additive Tri3, Additive 12345, Additive 1+2, Additive 1+3, Additive 1+4, Additive 1+5, Additive 1+6, Additive 1+7, Additive 1+8, Noise S/H, Noise White
- Filters: 11 types - LPF 12, LPF 24, LPF MS-20, LPF POLY6, HPF 12, HPF 24, HPF MS-20, BPF 6, BPF 12, BRF 6, BRF 12
- EG: ADSR
- LFO: 23 waveforms - Triangle, Saw Down, Saw Up, Square, Sine, Sample&Hold, Guitar, Exp. Triangle, Exp. Saw Down, Exp. Saw Up, Step4 Triangle, Step6 Triangle, Step4 Saw Down, Step6 Saw Down, StepRnd:Time, StepRnd:Lvl&Time, StepRnd:Level, Random:Time, Random:Lvl&Time, Triangle + , Saw Down + , Saw Up + , Square +
- V.Patch: 12 routings
- Effects: 30 types - Chorus, Unison Ensemble, Phaser, Phaser (BPM) , Auto Pan, Auto Pan (BPM), Flanger, Flanger (BPM) , Rotary Speaker, Auto Wah, Exciter, Enhancer, LFO Filter, 3-Band EQ, Distortion, Guitar Amp, Decimator, Grain Shifter, Master Limiter, Compressor, Delay, Delay (BPM) , Autopan Dly, Autopan Dly (BPM), Tape Echo, Tape Echo (BPM) , Early Reflection, Reverb, Shimmer Reverb, Spring Reverb
- Step Sequencer: up to 16 steps, up to 6 notes per step
- Motion Sequencer: up to 6 lanes
- Arpeggiator: 7 patterns - MANUAL, UP, DOWN, ALT1, ALT2, RANDOM, TRIGGER
- Number of programs: 500 - 250 preset, 250 user
- Favourites: 64 - 16 slots x 4 banks
- Controllers: MODULATION wheel, PITCH wheel, RATIO OP 1–6 knobs, LEVEL OP 1–6 sliders, DATA ENTRY A–F knobs
- Inputs/Outputs: Headphones (6.3 mm stereo phone jack), OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks), DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack, half-damper not supported), MIDI IN and OUT connectors, USB B port
- Power supply: AC adapter DC12V (Included)
- Power Consumption: 5w