Tascam DP-008-EX Digital Porta-Studio
Tascam DP-008EX Description
"Music Sketch Pad" Songwriting Quick-Start Anyone Can Use
Battery Powered Compact Multi-Track Recorder
Battery Powered Compact Multi-Track Recorder
Song ideas can happen anywhere and with the DP-008EX you're ready. Jot down all of the key components to your songs using these professional sounding multi-track recorders. Be ready wherever creativity strikes. For elongated battery life these models can connect directly to TASCAM's external battery pack (BP-6AA) via USB.
Built-In High-Quality Stereo Condenser Microphones – For Easy On-the-Spot Recording
The DP-008EX is built with two condenser microphones directly in the front of the units. Record vocals or acoustic guitar anytime without the need for extra equipment or set-up time. TASCAM held many evaluation tests to secure the best sounding microphones and structures. Modeled after the top-selling DR series microphones, you can be assured you're receiving top-quality.
Simple and Easy-to-Use Interface – Designed Like an Analog Cassette MTR
This model is optimally designed for on-the-spot recording. No unnecessary features were included that might complicate the recording to ensure easy functionality. Designed with Analog functionality and dedicated control knobs this POCKET-STUDIO is the simplest to use songwriting scratchpads on the market.
Ultra Light Weight Design – Carry It With You Everywhere In Your Gig-Bag
The DP-008EX features ultra light-weight designs to ensure portability, only weights 610g. (Without AA batteries)
Chromatic Tuner and Metronome Included
The Tascam DP008 includes a fully functioning chromatic tuner and a metronome.
Two Analog Inputs for External Microphones and Electric/Acoustic Guitar, etc.
With two input terminals by phone-jack, this model terminals provide to connect an external microphone, an electric-acoustic guitar and a line-level device like a synthesizer. If you prepare any conversion cable, a tablet device like a iPad will be able to connect. (Conversion cable is not included)
Great Flexibility for Post-Production
Record to SD/SDHC Card (up to 32GB), High-Speed Data Transfer via USB2.0
You can record to widely available SD/SDHC card media (2GB card included). In addition, you can connect to PCs via USB2.0 for high-speed data transferring. All song ideas can be transferred via USB or SD card readers to and from the units at any point in the recording process. Files can be used in correspondence with DAWs.
File Import and Export by Wav Format
It supports file import/export by Wav format. Also, mono file and stereo file are available. This feature offers various advantages. For example, at first, you import an instrumental song which created by a DAW. Then, your ideas capture by the DP-006 or the DP-008EX. After recording, these ideas can export from a DP, you can be editing and mixing raw song data and recorded data on your DAW.
Track Edit Function (CUT, CLEAN TRACK, etc)
DP-008EX: Copy paste, Copy insert, Move paste, Move insert, Open, Cut, Silence, Clone track, Clean out
The DP-008EX Offers Professional Recording with Plentiful Features in a Compact Package
Two XLR Inputs with Full +48V Phantom Power
The DP-008EX can supply phantom power for condenser microphones, even when operated with AA batteries.
(Notice: Operating time becomes shorter when used with phantom power supply. We recommend connecting TASCAM's BP-6AA when using phantom power.)
Grab Your Ideal Sounds with Insert Effects for All Inputs
The DP-008EX is designed with insert effects for all input channels. Insert effects include EQ, compressor, de-esser and exciter. For Vocal recording, you can use the EQ to boost your desired frequency range, and compress your tracks to normalize your song.
2-Band Shelving EQ for Each Track
Demo song needs the same high-quality as final masters. The DP-008EX has separately adjustable 2-band EQ for each track. Hi-range EQ can be adjusted from 1.7kHz to 18kHz, Low-range EQ can be adjusted from 32Hz to 1.6kHz.
Ideal for Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, etc. Utilize the DP-008EX's Built-In Effects
The DP-008EX has six different types of reverb to help tailor your ideal sounding vocals to any style song. Easily set your reverb with dedicated control knobs for each track.
Reverb effects include: Hall1/2, Room, Studio, Plate1/2. Reverb time and master level can both be adjusted.
Eliminate the Need for Any Other Products with Built-In Mastering Effects
The DP-008EX's built-in mastering effects will provide high-quality master-like file creation. The mastering effects include 2-band EQ, Multi-band compressor and Normalize effect. Finalize dynamic and powerful sounding songs by utilizing the DP-008EX's mastering effects.
The Auto Analysis Mastering Function Allows Easy Track Mastering
Anyone using the DP-008EX can easily master tracks with the Auto Analysis Mastering tool. In one step, select a mastering style, NATURAL or MAXIMUM, then the DP-008EX will make the calculation based on analysis of the song data.
- Eight mono tracks
- CD-quality recording (16bit/44.1kHz)
- Two tracks simultaneous recording/ eight tracks simultaneous playback
- Dedicated stereo master track available
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
- Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 2-positions (Low/High)
- Two TS 1/4" or XLR mic/line inputs
- INPUT A can connect high-impedance instrument directly (Like an electric-guitar)
- Phantom power supply
- Independent LEVEL/PAN/Reverb SEND knobs for each track
- Two RCA unbalanced line inputs
- 20mW/ch headphone output
- Footswitch ready with polarity switching (Notice: can't use RC-3F)
- 128x64 dot-matrix LCD with backlight
- Four AA batteries operation up to 6.5 hours (When recording, using the eneloop battery)
- Insert effects for input channels (2-band shelving EQ, compressor, exciter, de-esser)
- Mastering effects (2-band shelving EQ, multi-band compressor, normalize)
- Auto analysis mastering function
- 2-band shelving EQ for each track
- Reverb effects (Hall1/2,Room,Studio,Plate1/2)
- Optional AC adapter ready (TASCAM PS-P520)
- Can connect an external battery pack (TASCAM BP-6AA)
- Direct locate function by jog-wheel
- Repeat playback between IN/OUT point
- Track edit functions（COPY PASTE, COPY INSERT, MOVE PASTE, MOVE INSERT, OPEN, CUT, SILENCE, CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT)
- Bounce function allows recording of more six tracks
- UNDO/REDO(UNDO HISTORY) function
- Chromatic tuner and metronome included
- High-speed data transfer by USB2.0 connection
- Backup and restore songs
- File import/export by Wav format (mono/stereo)
- Export stereo master file as stereo wav format
- 2GB SD card included
|Category||Electronics > Audio > Audio Components|
|Availability||Out of Stock|
|Product Tags||digital recorder|