Fender American Performer Jazzmaster, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Tone Sunburst
The American Performer is built using a lightweight Alder body and sturdy Maple neck, cut in a streamlined ‘C’ shape. Players after modern playability combined with classic looks will feel at home on the Performer Jazzmaster. Its 9.5” radius Rosewood fretboard is a standard Fender appointment. Anyone with experience of playing a similar American-made guitar will recognise the gentle curvature, in contrast to the retro aesthetic. The 25.5” scale length holds plenty of string tension and is perfect for alternative or drop tunings. Finished with 22 Jumbo frets that make for an effortless playing experience.
The Performer Jazzmaster comes into its own thanks to the unique, warm, soulful-sounding Yosemite pickups. Flat, staggered pole pieces increase the output of the Yosemites, while the shellac potting lets the coils breathe and keeps feedback under control. These really are suitable to a multitude of genres. Under the hood the Jazzmaster houses Fender’s Greasebucket tone circuitry. This lets you shape your highs without adding bass, making the Jazzmaster the ultimate versatile guitar.
Fender decided against the traditional three-saddle tremolo bridge and opted for the more modern and reliable Strat six-saddle. You’ll find the Performer Jazzmaster holds tuning extremely due to the design update, as well as the synthetic bone nut and in-house made tuning gear.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGear
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Pickups: Yosemite Jazzmaster Single-Coil (Bridge/Neck)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag