American Professional II Jazzmaster Rosewood Fingerboard Dark Night
The American Ultra series sees Fender excel in the guitar world like never before. Intentionally designed for modern guitarists' needs, the Ultra ensures the ultimate precision and comfort while still maintaining their iconic branding.
It’s a case of little changes coming together to make a big difference here. The Jazzmaster is made of a sturdy alder body with a bolt-on maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, enhanced by the all-rounder deep “C” neck shape and new rolled fretboard edges. It’s a supreme addition, making transition up and down the neck that bit smoother.
Things only get better with the Super Natural satin neck finish, doing its part to keep your fretting hand moving freely without sticking as you might find with a gloss layer.
Vibrato is a huge draw for the Jazzmaster and it’s been improved for the American Pro II. The Panorama tremolo system drastically increases vibrato range, allowing for the reach of a dramatic Strat style dive on top of the classic Jazzmaster warble.
No doubt, the original V-Mod pickups sounded fantastic. But Fender have yet again raised the bar, enhancing them to deliver even more articulation and sweeter harmonics. The V-Mod II single coils designed specifically for the Jazzmaster are beautifully chimey and well-defined.
You’re still getting classic Jazzmaster versatility thanks to lead and rhythm circuit controls, as well as thumbwheel volume and tone dials when your set the pickups into series mode – essentially recreating a thick humbucker punch.
- Series: American Professional II
- Country Of Origin: US
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Master Volume, Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit
- Controls (Slide Switch Up): Thumbwheel Volume and Tone Controls for Series Rhythm Mode
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 9.5” Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Panorama Tremolo System
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: Black
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"