Boss Katana Artist Combo Guitar Amplifier MkI
FLAGSHIP TONES, CRAFTED FOR PRO PLAYERS
Katana amps have received worldwide acclaim for their authentic tube tone and feel, onboard BOSS effects, and exceptional value. The flagship Katana-Artist combo takes Katana performance to new heights, offering all the latest series features along with numerous refinements tailored for the needs of professional players. Outfitted with a premium 12-inch Waza speaker, semi-closed cabinet, newly retuned amp characters, and much more, the 100-watt Katana-Artist is a powerhouse tone machine for all types of music, blues, jazz, and country to the heaviest rock styles.
- Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and all the latest Katana features
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence for any performing situation
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers the authentic tone and highly musical response that Katana amps are noted for
- Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling capacity
- Newly designed cabinet with ultra-solid construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- Five unique amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana-Artist’s cabinet and Waza speaker
- Choose from 58 customizable BOSS effects and many effect routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Air Feel functions
- Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
- Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
- Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central
About the Katana Amp Series
Katana—the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japan—is a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture. Adopting the majestic sword’s name with pride, the Katana series presents guitar amplifiers with smooth, cutting tones honed by generations of dedication and expertise. Born of the development process behind the acclaimed Waza amplifier, these innovative amps embody BOSS’s determined pursuit of the ultimate rock sound. Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
Refined Tones for Stage and Recording
Built for pro players, the 100-watt Katana-Artist combo features a new cabinet design with front-facing controls and a premium Waza 12-inch speaker. The semi-closed back is ideal for rock tones, and the tight, rugged construction produces rich, full sound with impressive projection. You can further tweak the response for your touch with the dedicated Cabinet Resonance control, which customizes the dynamic interaction between the amp’s output section and speaker. In addition, the sound and response of the Katana-Artist’s five amp characters have been fine-tuned to work in perfect harmony with the Waza speaker and new cabinet.
Waza Speaker: Legendary Tone, Modern Power
A standout feature of the Katana-Artist is its custom Waza 12-inch speaker, which produces tones inspired by the benchmark 25-watt British stack speaker from the 1960s. BOSS set out to fully capture the rock speaker’s sought-after sound and response, but with the practical benefit of greatly increased power handling. Through detailed analysis of original speakers and careful selection of the magnet, cone material, and other construction elements, BOSS has fully realized this goal. Delivering rich, resonant tone with wide dynamic range, the Waza speaker brings the ultimate vintage rock sound to a compact 100-watt combo amp for the very first time.
Five Original Amp Characters, Fine-Tuned for the Katana-Artist
Newly refined specifically for the Katana-Artist, five selectable amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds. Clean is natural and transparent, while Crunch offers satisfying grit and response. Lead has a wide gain range to suit many styles, from fat, stinging blues solos to fluid legato shredding. With DNA inherited from the Waza amp, Brown delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world’s greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katana’s versatility, providing optimized tone that makes acoustic-electric guitars sound stunningly natural.
Leave Your Pedalboard at Home
With its built-in BOSS effects, the Katana-Artist lets you perform anywhere with just a guitar and amp. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio via USB provides access to 58 fully-customizable effects, and you can load your favorites into the amp’s various effects sections. Going beyond standard distortion, delay, and reverb, the selection includes powerful tone-shapers like pitch shifting, ring mod, channel and global EQs, and many more. There’s also an effects loop for patching in that external gear you can’t live without. And via BOSS Tone Studio, you’re able to move the loop’s position, adjust input/output gain, and select series/parallel operation as needed.
Tone Settings: One-Touch Recall of Custom Amp and Effects Setups
One of the Katana-Artist’s most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp channel and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. After you’ve dialed in a sound with the panel controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, and you can easily select them from the panel. It’s also possible to use an optional external footswitch for hands-free control on the gig.