Fender American Professional II Stratocaster MN, Dark Night
Taking the guitar world by storm is the newly announced American Professional II. An upgrade from its relative, the American Professional, the Pro II combines everything that makes a guitar an absolute pleasure to play.
Key updates include Fender’s brand new V-Mod II pickups, an ultra-fast “Super Natural” neck finish and an ergonomic sculpted heel for superb upper fret access. Perfectly balancing traditional design with modern finesse, the Fender American Pro II Stratocaster serves as an excellent workhorse for the studio and the stage!
Fender’s American Pro II Stratocaster retains the popular Deep “C” neck profile that so many players adored from the first iteration. However, this upgraded model provides an extra sense of comfort thanks to its smooth rolled fingerboard edges; combined with the new “Super Natural” satin finish that allows you to effortlessly glide up and down the neck with zero hindrance.
The American Professional II Strat’s flawlessly-crafted neck is joined with an Alder body. A Fender favourite since the ‘50s, Alder serves as a brillant sonic foundation for the single-coil trio thanks to its even tonal properties - punchy lows, barking mid-range and sweet highs.
Fender’s brand new V-Mod II pickups breathe fresh life into the American Professional Stratocaster. Wound differently to their older counterparts, these revised pickups sound more articulate yet retain the unmistakable chime and bell-like treble that you’d expect from a classic Strat.
“Push/Push” electronics open up the American Pro II Strat’s tonal palette too, allowing you to add the neck pickup to switch position 1 for a Telecaster-style configuration. These versatile electronics make the American Professional II Strat ideal for the contemporary musician.
The 2-point synchronized tremolo is a favourite among modern Fender fans, preferred for its smoother bar action and stability over the vintage 6-screw trem. Fender’s American Pro II Stratocaster comes equipped with an upgraded version of the 2-point design; boasting a cold-rolled steel block that increases sustain, clarity and top-end sparkle.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles, Pop-In Tremolo Arm and Cold-Rolled Steel Block
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Molded Case
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)