Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass RW, Sonic Blue
The American Original '60s Jazz Bass simply oozes tone! The upscale Jazz Bass found fame shortly after its release in 1960 for its versatile sound and comfortable feel.
In the build department, the '60s Jazz bass deviates very little from the classic formula. It's made of a nitro lacquered alder body with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard packing 20 tall frets.
The “C” shape tapered neck is one of the biggest draws to the Jazz. It set the standard for how a contemporary bass should feel to play. There's nothing to impede your movement, while the 9.5-inch radius feels extremely comfortable to traverse.
Jazz basses are all about versatility. Two Pure Vintage '64 single coils occupy both positions for true authentic sixties tone. You can soften up the frequenceies when using a pick or aggressive slap styles, or push the mids with the bridge pickup for direct finger style attack.
- Series: American Original
- Country Of Origin: US
- Colour: Sonic Blue
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Pure Vintage '64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic