Fender American Original '70s Telecaster Custom MN, Vintage Blonde
The American Original series is a truly iconic range from Fender. '70s Telecasters handle higher gain better than any other vintage-inspired Fender and deliver a unique tone using the neck position Wide Range humbucker.
In the build department, the '70s Tele deviates very little from the classic formula. It's made of a lacquered alder body with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard packing just 21 tall frets. At a 25.5-inch scale length and 9.5-inch radius fretboard, the Tele playability is that which you know and love. The three-saddle bridge and bone nut ensure minimal string slippage and roadworthy stability.
he Wide Range neck humbucker was a game changer at the time. High gain lead tones were becoming far more commonplace and this was a guitar that could successfully achieve them.
Its wide bobbins and CuNiFe rod magnets allow for a creamy, brilliant sound in cleans, edge of break-up and drive. This is complimented by the thinner, lively Tim Shaw single coil in the bridge position.
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitro
- Neck Shape:
- Scale Length: 25.5 (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650 (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Black or White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Tele
- Middle Pickup:
- Neck Pickup: Tim Shaw Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 2. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Neck Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Tele® with Slotted Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuners: Fender® Vintage F Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell