Fender American Performer Stratocaster RW Arctic White
The American Performer is one of the best value for money American made guitars from Fender's catalogue. The Performer has proved itself to be an incredibly popular range for musicians on the road, in the studio and in the rehearsal room.
Fender's long-established tonewood combinations remain intact with the American Performer Strat. Featuring an Alder body, this popular material ensures balanced lows, lively mids and a crisp top-end, serving as the perfect tonal foundation for the bright-sounding single-coils.
The Alder body is paired with a Maple neck, accentuating the highs even more to allow your playing to really cut through in a mix. Adorned with a Rosewood fingerboard, this silky-smooth material adds some crucial lower mid-range warmth, while the bolt-on construction gives notes a definitive snap.
Featuring a modern "C" profile, this neck will suit contemporary players looking for a slim feel, while offering enough thickness for vintage aficionados. Finished with satin polyurethane, this ultra-smooth neck lacquer won't hinder fast or technical playing at all, so even shredders will adore its playability! Fitted with jumbo frets too, you can gain more control and precision over the entire fingerboard.
The most noteworthy aspect of the American Performer Stratocaster is its set of pickups. Installed with a trio Fender's new Yosemite single-coils, these pickups are designed to project rich and expressive tones. With flat-staggered pole pieces that increase their output, these pickups also have a shellac coating that controls feedback without choking their sound.
Making this instrument suitable for a number of styles, these pickups unlock even more versatility from what is already considered as the most adaptable guitar design ever. It doesn't end there either, as the American Performer Strat also features a push/pull tone control that lets you add the neck pickup in any switch position, for even more tonal possibilities.
The 'Greasebucket' tone circuit is yet another thoughtful addition. Letting you roll off the top-end without adding any bass frequencies, you can use your tone controls in a more useful and musical manner - not turning your guitar tone to mush!
While the electronics will appeal strongly to modern players, the hardware is far more traditional and familiar to Fender fans. Fitted with a 6-screw vintage-style synchronised tremolo, this bridge will allow you to add gentle warbles to chords or even achieve EVH-style divebombs.
At the other end of the instrument you'll find a set of Fender ClassicGear tuners. Offering a smooth feel for precise pitching, these tuning machines will keep the strings stable and secure.
The American Performer Series is the most affordable US-made guitar range offered by Fender. Exhibiting the company's renowned reputation for high-quality craftsmanship, these guitars are available at attainable prices to give you world-class instruments that won't break the bank!
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: ClassicGear™
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Pickups: Yosemite™ Single-Coil Stratocaster (Bridge/Middle/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup (Push/Pull Switch upon Tone 2 adds Neck Pickup in Parallel), Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup (Push/Pull Switch up on Tone 2 adds Neck Pickup in Parallel), Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck & Middle Pickup), Tone 2. Grease-bucket™ Tone Circuit (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag