Fender Jim Root Jazzmaster V4 White
Jim Root is one of metal's most iconic players! Being an integral part of metal history as the lead guitarist of Slipknot, Jim Root has undoubtably inspired a generation of guitarists. Following the success of the famous Jim Root signature Telecaster, this year brings us a crushing signature Jazzmaster.
This guitar has already proved itself to be incredibly popular so don't wait around to get your hands on one!
The Jim Root Jazzmaster V4 goes against the grain with its non-typical Fender tonewood combinations. Built around a thick Mahogany slab body, the Jim Root Jazzmaster has a rich sound with deep lows and punchy mids; perfect for hosting the high-output EMG pickups and accommodating drop-tunings.
Joined to the body is a bolt-on, "Thin C"-shaped Maple neck that introduces some essential top-end brightness and snap, adorned with a smooth Ebony fingerboard that offers a luxurious feel under the fingers. While the vintage-esque block inlays clearly indicate fret placement, ergonomic "Luminlay" fluorescent side dots are another great touch; illuminating on dark stages.
Jim Root has been associated with EMG for most of his career in Slipknot, and his new EMG "Daemonum" open-coil active humbuckers are voiced specifically for handling crushing high-gain amp tones with ease. With a wide dynamic range too, these pickups are able to remain clear and articulate with heavy gauge strings tuned as low as drop B or A - tunings that the man himself uses.
The Jim Root Jazzmaster V4 dispenses with frivolities like a tremolo, rhythm circuit or tone control. With this guitar - only the essentials remain. A simple volume control, 3-way pickup switch and resonant hardtail bridge make this guitar a single-purpose weapon of mass destruction!
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Thin "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block with Luminlay Fluorescent Side Dot
- Bridge Pickup: EMG Jim Root Signature Daemonum Open-Coil Active Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: EMG Jim Root Signature Daemonum Open-Coil Active Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)