Fender Limited Player Stratocaster Aged Natural Pau Ferro Fingerboard
The Fender Player Series is one of Fender's most exciting releases to date! An upgrade from the Mexican Standard, the Player Series features incredibly accessible and affordable models for guitarists of all levels. Featuring a comfortable 'Modern C' profile neck, Alnico 5 pickups and an Alder body, this guitar is a power house for those wanting to excel on stage, at home or in the studio!
Fender has long-established its favoured tonewoods, and the Player Series Stratocaster features their iconic Alder and Maple combination. The Alder body creates a balanced sound with a tight low-end, plenty of mid-range punch and a crisp presence, serving as a great foundation for the trio of single-coil pickups.
Partnered with a bolt-on Maple neck, this wood is what gives Fender instruments their signature tone. With a bright top-end, this material allows lead lines and chords to effortlessly cut through in a mix, guaranteeing that your playing is heard amongst a full band. The Pau Ferro fretboard, an attractive wood, gives some warmth and roundness.
Featuring a "Modern C" neck shape, this profile provides both traditionalists and contemporary players with a comfortable feel. Thin enough for aspiring shredders, this neck shape is still solid and substantial, offering great support for your thumb. With a satin finish, a noteworthy Player Series update, the neck has a super-smooth feel that allows you to easily glide up and down, without getting sticky at sweaty gigs!
Apart from its cosy neck contours and practical finish, the Players Series Stratocaster also sports medium jumbo frets, giving players great control and intonation across the fretboard.
The Fender Stratocaster is notorious for its three pickups, and the Player Series features a revised set of Alnico 5 single-coils. Projecting that legendary Fender tone, these particular pickups emit a more modern voice, with a bolder mid-range that can handle overdrive far better than its predecessors. Keep your amp settings clean, and you'll still be able to attain those classic chimey Strat tones, especially with the 5-way blade pickup switch in positions 2 and 4.
Dedicated tone controls for the neck/middle and bridge pickups let you tame any aggressive highs, particularly if plugged into a bright-sounding amplifier. Nearest the bridge pickup you have an ergonomically-placed master volume knob, which can be used to roll off gain for a milder, "cleaned-up" sound, or for achieving dramatic volume swells.
A huge improvement that Fender has implemented across the Player Series Strat range is the 2-point tremolo. A bridge that has been seen on their more expensive US-made counterparts, this tremolo provides a smoother action for more expressive vibrato, and also ensures better tuning stability with its low friction design.
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil (Bridge/Middle/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Parchment Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)