Fender Player Lead II MN Neon Green
Legacies never die! Returning 40 years after being discontinued, Fender's Lead Series has resurfaced to inspire the new generation of punks and rockers! The Fender Lead II model is inspired by the earliest version of the Lead released in the early 80s, featuring two slanted single coil pickups.
Complete with a modern C-shaped neck fitted with medium jumbo frets, the Lead II also sports dual-toggle switches for expanded tones, and of course - that unique Lead double-cutaway shape.
Produced in the late '70s and early '80s, the Fender Lead Series had a relatively short lifespan and only a handful of originals can be found on second-hand online marketplaces. Instead of spending eyebrow-raising prices on these often battered vintage guitars, you can now pick up a brand new Fender Lead model that's not only affordable, but modernised to meet the demands of today's musicians!
In typical Fender fashion, the Lead II boasts a balanced-sounding Alder body that serves as a great foundation for the vibrantly-voiced pickups. Joining the body is a bolt-on Maple neck that yields a bright, snappy character; giving notes plenty of immediacy. Shaped to Fender's popular Modern "C" profile, this neck offers a comfortable feel that both contemporary and traditional players can enjoy.
Player Series Alnico 5 Strat single-coil pickups give the Lead II its punchy, sparkling tone. With focused lows, potent mids and open highs; this dual single-coil configuration is surprisingly versatile. The switches allow you to not only switch between the pickups, but also reverse their phase for a softer, mid-scooped sound.
The Fender Lead II comes equipped with a hardtail bridge, featuring block saddles that ensure maximum sustain and solid tuning stability, especially in conjunction with the vintage-style machine heads.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Body Shape: Lead
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)