Fender Player Precision Bass Maple Neck Tidepool
The Fender Player Series is one of Fender's most exciting releases to date! An upgrade from the Mexican Standard, the Player Series features incredibly accessible and affordable models for bassists of all levels. Featuring a comfortable 'Modern C' profile neck, Alnico 5 pickups and an Alder body, this guitar is a power house for those wanting to excel on stage, at home or in the studio!
A modern ‘C’ neck is a staple Fender trait and remains integral to the luxurious feel they provide across all their guitars and basses. However, the satin finish is a big departure from older Mexican models, granting improved speed up and down the warm-sounding Pau Ferro fretboard. The 9.5” radius is comfortable to grip, and 20 medium jumbo frets are suitable for almost any playing type.
Meanwhile, the four-saddle bridge and synthetic bone nut ensure you have accurate intonation and easy access for action adjustment to suit your style. Chrome volume and tone knobs are also close-to-hand for crafting your perfect sound. The whole package is extremely reliable for working musicians who don’t want to pay almost twice as much for its American-made cousin.
It has the familiar stamp of genuine Fender tone, produced through the alnico split-coil pickups to deliver legendary fat and punchy bass. The alder body is relatively light but doesn’t taint the heavy low-end growl that made the Standard series famous.
While not the most modern of tones out there, what you get from the Player Precision isn’t far off American-made models and it certainly offers more versatility and strength than competitors in its price range.
The Precision’s body-shape combined with the swirling three-ply pickguard, vintage headstock and blooming tuners make this bass a classic. Build-quality is exactly what you’d come to expect from Fender. Have the peace of mind that your Precision will last through bumps and scrapes on the road or in the studio.
- Colour: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Configuration: Split Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: New Player Series Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)