Fender Player Telecaster MN Butterscotch Blonde
The Fender Player Series is one of Fender's most exciting releases to date! An upgrade from the Mexican Standard, the Player Series features incredibly accessible and affordable models for guitarists of all levels. Featuring a comfortable 'Modern C' profile neck, Alnico pickups and an Alder body, this guitar is a power house for those wanting to excel on stage, at home or in the studio!
In keeping with decades of tradition, Fender have opted for an Alder body for the Player Series Telecaster. Known for being simultaneously lightweight and tonally resonant, it's balanced in every sense of the word. Its sound is often described as rich, with some emphasis on upper-midrange brightness, and its weight and density means it's pretty easy to thrash around in a frenzy of creative expression - we've all been there!
Then there's the other classic Tele tonewood: Maple. Known for its density, varied grain pattern and snappy tone, it perfectly complements the Alder used for the body. The addition of Maple ensures plenty of twangy tonal response, perfect for accentuating lead and clean parts regardless of your musical style. The one-piece design means your fretboard surface is the same as the neck, providing plenty of attack and even, comfortable navigation of the 22-fret range.
Fender have loaded the Player Series Tele with two Alnico V Tele Single-coils in the traditional Telecaster configuration (uncovered & slanted in the bridge, covered and straight in the neck). The Alnico V magnetic configuration is a little more edgy than its counterparts, with a slightly higher output than works wonders for your tone. Combined with the Alder and Maple tonewood combination, you get all of that Tele twang that you know and love, but with a fuller midrange bark, not to mention a more cohesive response with chordal parts. This makes the Alnico V perfect for modern styles - from popping indie to technical metal and just about anything in between!
The bridge isn't quite the classic Tele configuration; rather than the old-school 3-saddle design, the 6-saddle design with block steel saddles offers greater tuning stability and arguably better resonance in the body. Though it plays a small part, it ultimately contributes to an instrument that's designed to be played night after night and consistently deliver.
Top it off with Standard Cast Fender tuners, a 3-ply scratchplate and classic knurled flat-top controls, all in a glorious chrome finish, and you've got an instrument that can take anything you throw at it - a Fender Telecaster through and through!
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Tele with Block Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Tele Single-Coil (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome