Fender Vintera '60s Telecaster Modified Lake Placid Blue
The Vintera series is where new and old worlds collide! For those striving for a traditional Fender look with modern functionalities, the Vintera Modified series allows you to have it all and more!Overview:
Fender has relied on its favoured tonewood combinations for the Vintera '60s Tele Modified. Comprised of an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs; the perfect tonal foundation for the pokey-sounding pickups.
The Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, bringing out even more top-end snap. Giving notes plenty of immediacy, this guitar offers a very responsive feel. The Pau Ferro fingerboard is another thoughtful design feature, adding some crucial lower mid-range warmth and providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
The Vintera '60s Tele Modified's neck is shaped to Fender's popular modern "C" profile. Although this neck carve is slim and comfortable for contemporary players, it still offers enough girth to satisfy vintage aficionados. Another 21st Century feature includes medium jumbo frets, which allow for greater control over string bending and vibrato techniques.
The most noteworthy appointments are the Vintera '60s Telecaster Modified's high-output, vintage-style '60s single-coils. Sweet and articulate with clean settings, as you'd expect from a Fender guitar, these hotter pickups are more than capable of pushing an amp into sweet-sounding overdrive too. A 4-way blade S-1 switch configuration unlocks a whole new palette. You've got out of phase options, as well as both pickups in either series or parallel for hotter output.
While the pickups will appeal to modern musicians that want powerful sounds at their disposal, the Vintera '60s Tele Modified's hardware is far more traditional. Fitted with a classic 3-saddle string-through-body bridge, the barrel saddles are made from brass to ensure that characteristic Tele twang.
The vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, while their bulletproof design ensures rock-solid performance and exceptional tuning stability. For keeping the Vintera '60s Tele Modified safe on the road, the included Fender Deluxe Gig Bag's rugged design will provide great protection.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Modern "C"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Tele
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Tele
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups in Parallel, Position 3. Neck Pickup, Position 4. Bridge and Neck Pickups in Series
- S-1 swtich for out of phase circuitry
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Chrome Barrel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag