Fender Vintera '70s Tele Custom in Black
Switch up both your sound and style with the sleek aesthetic of a Custom Tele. This unique guitar is equipped with an array of hardware and electronics replicating glorious 20th century feel and tone.
The thin C shape neck is a slimmer take on the ’60s Fender variation. The softer shoulders make it accessible to all 21 tall, narrow frets. At a 7.25” radius, the fingerboard is effortless to navigate and easy to perform techniques like the wrap around thumb on the low string.
Custom Teles benefit from the cool single coil/humbucker pickup configuration. The Vintera houses a ‘70s inspired medium output single coil in the bridge, which produces chimey bell-like tone. The Wide Range humbucker in the neck position is famous for its beefy output and full girthy sound. There’s plenty to explore with this tasteful sonic combination.
The vintage style hardware doesn’t just look pretty. Fender’s three screw bolt-on necks are highly durable, as well as the American vintage bridge with chrome barrel saddles. It’ll keep your Tele intonated and in tune through heavy use. As with all Fender guitars, the hardware is highly reliable and can take on years of playing having been made in their high-tech Mexico factory.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: TelecasterNeck
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Thin "C"
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Neck Pickup: Wide Range Humbucking
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Tele
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Chrome Barrel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Tuners: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag