Jackson Pro Series SL2P Soloist Desert Sand
Engineered from its inception for high speed, technically demanding guitar playing the Pro Series Soloist SL2P MAH is a purebred shred machine. The fine minds at Jackson put their heads together and created the next evolution of innovative guitars, melding sound, playability and ultra-modern style into a unique music machine that redefines metal prowess.
Premium features include a resonant mahogany body with a poplar burl top and a one-piece through-body maple neck with scarf joint and graphite reinforcement rods to provide stiffness and stability, guarding against temperature- and humidity-induced bending and warping. Its 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets is designed for highly technical lightspeed playing—more curved by the nut for comfortable chording, it flattens out as you move up the speedy neck (with hand-rubbed oil back finish) for increasingly fast playing speed and wide bends without fretting out.
Chosen specifically for their incredible sound, a pair of modern Seymour Duncan® Distortion humbucking pickups drives this guitar’s voice, combining for highly balanced, flexible tone, with plenty of high output for pristine cleans and snarling distortion. Single volume and tone controls shape the pickups’ output, which can be further refined with the three-way pickup toggle switch for the precise voice required to bring your musical vision to life. Dive and soar expressively with the Floyd Rose® 1000 series double-locking tremolo bridge system, recessed for pick hand comfort and providing laser-accurate intonation and ultra-stable tuning.
Jackson has a history of adding striking style to its high-performance instruments, and this axe is no exception. Available in Aqua Shok or Desert Sand, the SL2P MAH is completed with alumiloid piranha inlays, black nickel hardware, Dunlop® strap locks, sealed die-cast tuners and a Jackson pointed 6-in-line matching headstock.
- Series: Pro Series
- Body Material: Mahogany with Poplar Burl Top
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Binding: 1-Ply Black (557 only)
- Neck: 1-Piece Through-Body Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” - 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Alumiloid Piranha
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® FRT-O5000 Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Jackson®-Branded Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® FRT-O5000 Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickguard: None
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan® TB-6 Distortion (Bridge), Seymour Duncan® SH-6N Distortion (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Way Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome Style
- Hardware Finish: Black Nickel
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges