Jackson JS Series Spectra 5-String Bass JS3V, Satin Black
The JS Series Spectra Bass JS3V is an all-new 5-string leviathan instrument where versatile style and enormous sound collide.
The brand-new offset body style was designed with the artist in mind. The poplar body with large upper horn evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument, providing perfect balance by reducing neck dive for hours of comfortable playing. A graphite-reinforced bolt-on maple neck with scarf joint design provides rock-solid reliability, while the speed neck contour and 12"-16" compound radius laurel fingerboard (with 24 frets) make for lightning-fast playability.
The Spectra Bass JS3V provides a sound that is as unique as the bassist playing it. Whether it be funk, hard rock or gospel, dual passive Jackson medium-output humbucking pickups create a monstrous low-end growl, while a HiMass™ bridge provides enhanced stability, improved sustain and bolder tone. Tone can be further refined and tweaked with a two-way toggle switch for pickup coil splitting, 3-band EQ (active only), blend control and volume control (with push/pull selector to bypass or engage the active circuit for the 3-band EQ). With the push/pull selector, you’ll never have to fear a battery running out and losing sound. A quick pull on the volume knob will bypass the active circuit, making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
Highly affordable, the 35”-scale Spectra Bass JS3V comes in Satin Black, Silverburst or Walnut Stain with black nickel hardware and a unique Jackson 3x2 headstock with an understated J logo.
- Body Shape: Spectra Bass
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® 3x2 Gumby (3 over, 2 under)
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 35" (889 mm)
- Bridge: Jackson® HiMass
- Pickups: Jackson® Medium-Output Humbucking (Bridge),Jackson® Medium-Output Humbucking (Neck)
- Switching: 2-Way Toggle Switch (Pickup Coil Split)
- Controls:Volume Control (with Push/Pull Selector for Active/Passive Options), Blend, 3-Band EQ (Active Only)
- Special Electronics: Active Tone Circuit
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .045-.130 Gauges