Korg Kross 2 61 Key Synthesizer Workstation
The long-awaited successor to the immensely popular KROSS, the KROSS 2 is an amazingly compact and portable workstation.
Despite the fact that it is ultra-lightweight, compact and able to run on batteries, the KROSS 2 is a dramatic improvement over the original KROSS synthesizer.
With more than a thousand preset sounds and expansion PCM memory being added along with a new pad sampler and USB audio/MIDI interface functionality, the KROSS 2 is an incredible new take on this awesome synth workstation.
Variety Of Sounds
The Korg Kross 2 61 Synthesizer workstation boasts over 1000 presets ranging from beautiful pianos, electric pianos, powerful drums, brass, elegant strings, church organs, synth sounds and much more to create melodies and music in whatever genre you please. You'll never be short of sounds for either studio production or live performances due to its wide range of sounds that accommodate a broad range of musical styles. In addition a number of effects are also included allowing you to be as creative as you want with them. The 61 keys are all velocity sensitive allowing you to give your sounds that human touch.
Whilst still having the ability to connect via USB to your favourite DAW to run just like a software synthesizer, the Korg Kross Synthesizer Workstation is also made for portability allowing you to take it anywhere you go. The Synthesizer Workstation features 16 sample pads that can be loaded with your sounds and played as you like. Additionally, it features a mic connection that lets you connect a microphone directly for a vocalist or even for yourself whether you're wanting to go solo or perform a singer/instrumentalist duet. If you're wanting to replay a performance there is also a built-in stereo recorder that lets your record your performances on the Kross but also the sound of a mic or external input. Backing tracks that you have created can be played, or you can even overdub onto them to create songs and demos. With an SD card you can import and export audio WAV files making it super easy to exchange material between your computer and the Korg Kross. No need to worry about battery life as the new Korg Kross 2 now lasts up to 7 hours, 2 hours longer than the previous model.
The Korg Kross makes it easy to find the sounds you are looking for. Whilst the Korg Kross provides an extremely broad range of sounds there are two dials dedicated to let you easily find the sound you need. One dial takes care of the category dividing up sounds into instruments (piano, drums, bass etc.) whilst the other finds the sound you want in that category. The favourites function lets you easily recall up to 64 sounds that you've created or frequently used to four banks of 16 buttons. This is ideal for live players that want to easily switch between different sounds during a performance.
Ultra-lightweight and Portable
The mobility of the Kross is better than ever. Whilst still retaining 61 keys its weight has been reduced to 3.8kg, lighter than the previous model, making it the most portable in its category. Its distinctive rear bar allows for easy maneuverability wherever you go.
The Evolved KROSS 2 Design
The Korg Kross Synthesizer Workstation features a high quality matt black and rubberised finish that is durable and both great to touch and lovely to look at, giving it a highly professional appearance.
- Step sequencer - This lets you use the 16 pads to intuitively and quickly create original rhythm patterns of up to 64 steps
- Drum track - The drum track lets you add rhythm to your performance simply by pressing a button
- Arpeggiator - This function is a great way to generate ideas for songs
- Mic connection for the singer-instrumentalist or for vocoder performance.
- USB audio interface
- KROSS2 editor and plug-in editor
- Over 1000 presets
- 128MB of expansion PCM memory is built-in and option libraries are supported
- Power of the EDS-i sound engine
- Selection of effects with 134 types
- Superb sampling functionality, 16 sampler pads
- Realtime control section for quick parameter editing
- Favourite function
- Quick layer/split can be specified by a single button
- Long operating life (7 hours)
- Audio player/recorder that can be easily operated by the pads
- Pitch bend, modulation Wheel
- Tempo knob, tap button
- Audio out connecter: 6.3mm phone jack (unbalanced)
- Audio input: 2.5mm Stereo mini phone jack
- Mic in: 6.3mm phone jack (unbalanced)
- 3.5mm stereo mini jack for headphones
- Other connectors: MIDI in, out, UDB, SD card slot
- Battery life: Approx 4-5 hours
- Dimensions: 37.09 x 11.06 x 3.58 inches / 942 x 281 x 91 mm
- Weight: 8.37 lbs. / 3.8 kg
Computer System Requirements For Korg USB-MIDI Driver
- Windows: Microsoft Windows XP Home/Professional Edition SP3, Windows Vista SP2 (all editions including 64-bit edition), Windows 7 SP1 (all editions including 64-bit edition), Windows 8 (all editions including 64-bit edition), USB port (Intel USB Host Controller recommended
- Mac:Mac OS X 10.5.10.6.10.7.10.8, Apple Macintosh that satisfies the operating requirements of Mac OS X and is equipped with an Intel processor and a USB port