Moog Werkstatt-01 Analoygue Synthesizer Kit
The Werkstatt-Ø1: Moogfest 2014 Kit is a patchable and compact, one oscillator analog synthesizer. It was originally created as a kit, to be the foundation for exclusive “Engineering VIP” workshops at Moogfest 2014. Due to a number of requests, Moog is offering a no-soldering-required version of the Werkstatt-Ø1: Moogfest 2014 Kit. Assembly is extremely simple: Any user can quickly build an analog synthesizer based on classic Moog circuits, and if desired, study the analog circuits. Werkstatt was created to be an educational tool, but it is also a formidable, compact analog synthesizer from Moog.
This site also features our current research and lessons surrounding the use of subtractive synthesizers in STEM and STEAM high-school classrooms. Lessons in these studies are focused on project based learning opportunities, and encouraging a creative deployment of practical skills in these fields. All lessons and associated materials are open source and available online for educators across multiple disciplines.
Analog synthesizers have long had their own maker culture born of curious engineers, physicists and hobbyists who have created and crafted their sounds through electronic experimentation. It is our goal to share our love for learning, music, and electronics by encouraging everyone to create the world they want to hear, one mod at a time.
• Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
• Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
• Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
• Ability to PWM the square wave
• Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
• Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
• Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
• Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
• Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
• Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
• One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
• VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
• VCF Input-5V to +5
• VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
• VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
• LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
• VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
• 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
• 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
• 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
• 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
• 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
• 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
• AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
• POWER+12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
• POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG