MXR M280G1 Vintage Bass Octave
The MXR Vintage Bass Octave upgrades the warm analog sub-bass vibes of a classic circuit with superior tracking, cleaner headroom, and the versatility that modern players demand. This pedal delivers an impressive range of smooth, musical sounds—from a tone-thickening growl to chest-rumbling dub tones—all in the space-saving MXR mini housing.
The voice of the Vintage Bass Octave is rich and throaty, and it comes in two forms—one octave down and two octaves down. Each can be dialed in separately with the Oct 1 and Oct 2 volume controls, and with a Dry volume control to dial in your clean signal, you can concoct just the right blend for your rig. For extra clarity and definition, use the Mid switch to boost your clean signal’s midrange at 800Hz by +6dB. Want even more of a boost? Just remove the bottom plate and adjust the internal trimpot to kick it up as high as +13dB. Finally, this pedal comes equipped with Constant Headroom Technology™, a custom circuit that provides clean, crystal clear headroom by producing 18-volts from a 9-volt power source.
The Vintage Bass Octave is a pedalboard-friendly must-have for bass players who want to plumb the sonic depths of their instrument.
- OCT 1: Controls volume of one-octave-down signal
- OCT 2: Controls volume of two-octaves-down signal
- DRY: Controls volume of clean signal
- MID SWITCH: Boosts mid-range by up to +13dB and set by internal trimpot
- FOOTSWITCH: Toggles effect on/bypass (blue LED indicates on)
- Model Name: MXR M280 Vintage Bass Octave
- Model Number: JD-M280
- Input Impedance: 1 MOhm
- Bypass: THW BP
- Signal to Noise: A Weighted (Vref IV RMS) - 93 dBV
- Output Impedance: Less than 1 KOhm
- Trigger Threshold: -74 dBV at 100 Hz
- Dry Gain: 7 dB
- Octave Gain 1: 1.6 dB at 150 Hz in
- Octave Gain 2: 1.7 db at 150 Hz in
- Mid Switch: 400 Hz or 800 Hz at 6 dB
- Power Requirements: 9 VDC at 45 mA