Fender Player Jazz Bass Pau Ferro Fingerboard, Black
The Fender Player Series is one of Fender's most exciting releases to date! An upgrade from the Mexican Standard, the Player Series features incredibly accessible and affordable models for bassists of all levels. Featuring a comfortable 'Modern C' profile neck, Alnico 5 pickups and an Alder body, this guitar is a power house for those wanting to excel on stage, at home or in the studio!
The modern ‘C’-shaped Maple neck is a staple of Fender’s basses, offering that smooth playability we know and love. The difference this time round with the Player Jazz is its satin finish. There will always be the debate between gloss and satin necks and sometimes it does come down to preference, but rest assured the Jazz sports luxurious-feeling woods also used to build American-made models.
A 9.5” Pau Ferro fretboard is comfortable to explore, and the 20 medium jumbo frets are suitable for almost any playing type. Meanwhile, the Alder body offers a nice balance between weightiness and deep growl that made this bass so well-renowned.
The four-saddle bridge and synthetic bone nut ensure you have accurate intonation and easy access to adjust the action in line with your playing preferences. Two volume knobs and one tone knob are also close-to-hand for crafting your perfect sound.
Bassists after fat, rumbling bass tones will love the newly-designed alnico 5 single-coil pickups, both in the bridge and middle positions. These have a slight vintage tinge to the tone, with great versatility and nuance to be punching above its price range.
The Player Jazz’s body-shape, combined with the swirling three-ply pickguard, vintage headstock and blooming tuners make this bass a vintage classic. Trust Fender to produce sturdy instruments with high-quality hardware, capable of surviving wear and tear on the road for years to come.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5" (241.30mm)
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone, Width: 1.5" (3.81cm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 34" (863.60mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Middle)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)