Roland FA-08 Keyboard Workstation (88-note)
Roland FA-08: 88-note Flagship workstation for studio and live use
If you use a workstation to make music, you’ll recognise the dilemma. Studio keyboards don’t cut it live, and live keyboards don’t get on with studio gear, so each instrument solves only half of your problems.
The new FA-08 workstation makes the problems disappear; studio heads will love the built-in audio interface and DAW integration, and live players will appreciate the 88-note pro-quality weighted-action keyboard and 16kg weight.
And whichever camp you’re in, you’ll definitely love the huge collection of sounds, taken from the popular Integra-7 module and spanning the entire musical spectrum. Each of the 16 parts has its own effects engine, each with 67 effect types, on top of dedicated processors for drums, EQ, chorus and reverb. Add a powerful sampler and easy to use sequencer and you’ve got all the tools of the trade - ready to make music wherever you are.
- Reimagined music workstation designed to maximise your creative flow
- 88-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard provides premium weighted-action performance in a lightweight design that’s easy to transport
- Over 2000 sounds from the flagship INTEGRA-7 sound module, including SuperNATURAL synth and acoustic tones and drums; add even more tones via internal wave sound expansion slots
- SuperNATURAL synth engine is fully compatible with the expansive collection of free INTEGRA-7 synth tones available from Roland’s Axial sound library site
- 16-track sequencer with non-stop loop recording makes it easy to build songs quickly; export your sequencer tracks to an SDHC card as a complete stereo mix, or as multitrack audio or MIDI data for use in your DAW
- Onboard sampler based on the SP-404SX features 16 pads x 4 banks and direct recording/playback via SDHC cards
- Polish your sounds with a multitude of studio-quality effects, including 16 independent MFX engines, six COMP+EQ processors for drums, unique TFX (total effects), and global EQ, chorus, and reverb
- Tweak tones, effects, and external MIDI devices in real time with six user-assignable Sound Modify knobs
- Intuitive, streamlined interface with large colour LCD
- Press one button to instantly configure the FA-08 for use with your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator, and Chord Memory functions to expand your creative palette
- Guitar/Mic and Line input jacks for performing, sampling, and DAW audio recording; dedicated input reverb provides ambience for performing/recording
- USB ports for sound expansion data, updates, and audio/MIDI interfacing with a computer; MIDI communication with the iPad is possible when using Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit
POWERFUL PRODUCTION TOOLS THAT INTEGRATE SEAMLESSLY INTO YOUR STUDIO
No one wants to spend time learning yet another workflow, so the FA-08 fits right in to your existing DAW setup with templates onboard for Logic, Cubase and Sonar. The FA-08 also includes a high-speed USB audio interface, cutting down on clutter and making it easy to get your music into your DAW - especially since you can now export 16 tracks of WAV audio simultaneously. Connect a mic, guitar, or stereo line level device, or capture the internal sounds and sampler playback. You can even monitor the DAW output through the FA-08’s stereo output and headphones jacks.
*USB communication requires installation of the FA-series USB driver on your computer.
ROCK SOLID SOUNDS AT THE HEART OF YOUR STUDIO
The FA-08 takes everything that makes hardware so enjoyable to use - fast start up, instant access to thousands of sounds, zero latency and a workflow designed around the creative process - and makes it all work seamlessly within your DAW setup. And if you need to take your music out live, the built-in sampler, 16-track sequencer and live performance features really come into their own - all with the rock-solid stability of Roland hardware.
JUST 16KG, INCLUDING 88-NOTE WEIGHTED ACTION
If you make money playing live, you have to nail each and every gig if you want the work to keep coming in. The FA-08 is a player’s instrument, with an 88-note weighted-action Ivory Feel-G keyboard, a large colour screen so you can see what you’re doing on stage, thousands of crowd-pleasing sounds, and dedicated buttons for instant access to your tried-and-tested favourites. Best of all, it weighs around 16kg; once the gig is done, you’ll be packed down in minutes.