Roland TD-17KV V Drum Kit
*Please note: Pictured kick pedal is not included
- Exceptional pads and triggering for unrivalled playing feel
- Uncompromised sound, dynamics and customization
- Instant connectivity with music for immediate enjoyment
When you’re serious about drumming, you need a kit to match your ambition. The V-Drums TD-17 series lets your technique shine through, backed up with training tools to push you further. Combining a TD-50-class sound engine with newly developed pads results in an affordable electronic drum kit that’s authentically close to playing acoustic drums – accurately mirroring the physical movement, stick coordination and hand/foot control that every drummer needs. Meanwhile, an array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress and increase your motivation. Becoming a better drummer is still hard work, but the TD-17 can help you get there.
Authentic playing feel and skill-building tools
If you regularly play acoustic drums, you shouldn’t have to change your playing style to use an electronic drum kit. You can use the same playing techniques you’d use on an acoustic kit, without compromise, thanks to the large 12-inch snare and a natural feeling hi-hat that can even be mounted on an acoustic hi-hat stand. And being based on the flagship TD-50 sound engine, the sounds faithfully reproduce the character and tone of acoustic drums, with lightning fast response time.
Great sounds lead to great performances
The TD-17’s sound engine delivers a superior drumming experience thanks to Prismatic Sound Modeling technology inherited from the flagship TD-50 sound module. Begin playing and you’ll notice a wider dynamic range and dramatic tonal changes, depending on where and how hard you strike the pad. From rim shots, rolls, flams, and ghost notes on the snare to dramatic crash hits, sustained cymbal swells, and half-open position on the hi-hats along with different sounds for the bow and edge, every nuance is detailed, accurate, and ultra-smooth.
The feel of an acoustic kick drum (but quieter)
A nice solid kick drum usually comes with a nice loud noise. Sometimes that’s exactly what you want, but your family or neighbors may not feel the same way. The KD-10 kick pad absorbs much of the noise thanks to its rubber cover combined with a dedicated cushion, but retains that satisfying kick drum ‘thud’ when a beater buries into a bass drum head, so it’s ideal for playing at home where loud noise may cause problems. It’s compatible with all standard kick pedals, single or double kick.
Acoustic drumming techniques accepted here
Although each model in the TD-17 series is compact, they’re all kitted out for professional performance – especially the TD-17KVX which comes with two crash cymbals and the VH-10 hi-hat. Across the entire range, the position and angle of each pad is fully adjustable, while the distance between the pads and the drummer is similar to what you’d find on an acoustic kit.
- Sound Module: TD-17 x 1
- Snare: PDX-12 x 1
- Tom: PDX-8 x 3
- Hi-hat: CY-5 x 1
- Hi-hat control pedal: FD-9 x 1
- Crash: CY-8 x 1
- Ride: CY-8 x 1
- Kick: KD-10 x 1
- Drum Stand: MDS-4V x 1
- VH-10 Hi-hat cymbal with natural motion and open/close detection helps learn hi-hat control
- Natural, rich and dynamic drum sounds, inherited from flagship TD-50 sound engine
- Learn expressive foot control and pedal technique with the KD-10 Kick pad
- Two crash cymbals and expansion possibilities support your individual playing style and performance
- Improve your sense of time with Time Check and Quiet Count as part of Coach Mode
- Warm-up menu provides a basic daily exercise routine to help your playing progress
- Enjoy playing along with your favorite tunes by streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth® audio
- Choose a kit that matches the tune or style you’re playing, from 50 premium preset drum kits
- Adjust the ambience of each kit to match the venues you perform at
- Customize the preset drum kits to match your preferred drum sound
- Import your own samples for a drum sound that matches the original recording
- Watch video lessons on your smartphone and play along, while the audio comes through the headphones via Bluetooth
- Develop your playing and timing with free to download ‘Melodics for V-Drums’ software (PC/Mac)