Roland TR-09 Rhythm Composer
The 909 sound is available as part of the Roland Boutique series in the form of the TR-09. Featuring the same front-panel layout and user interface of the original.
THE LEGENDARY TR-909 SOUND IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
The influence of the TR-909 drum machine is still heard—and felt—more than three decades after it was launched. Now, the 909 sound is available as part of the Roland Boutique series in the form of the TR-09. Featuring the same front-panel layout and user interface of the original, the TR-09 is powered by Roland’s ACB technology, delivering the speaker-pummelling power of the TR-909 in a super-affordable and portable format. Offering precise control over an array of drum parameters and the ability to keep playing when switching modes, the TR-09 may be compact, but it still has the power to move people. Studio sessions are well catered for too, with four separate outputs via USB audio, external instrument control via a trigger output, and USB MIDI.
909 Power via Roland’s ACB Technology
The original TR-909 blended analog kick, snare, and tom drums with six-bit samples for the hi-hats and cymbals. This hybrid approach to sound generation meant that the 909 sounded like no other drum machine. Accurately recreating such an influential sound while retaining the ability to edit and tweak the various parameters is only possible via Roland’s ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology, which is also found in the popular AIRA series.
Classic TR-REC Sequencer with Enhanced Functions
Dedicated TR-909 users will recognise the classic TR-REC style of programming found in the TR-09, with a choice of Step or Tap write modes. You can even change modes while the pattern continues playing, something not possible on the original. The TR-09 sequencer has 16 steps, and each has 16 sub-steps so you can fine-tune your performances. And just like the original TR-909, the Shuffle/Flam parameter can be selected using the buttons—but if you need greater control, simply use the display and rotary encoder to perfect your pattern.
Battery or USB Bus Power
Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, you can power the TR-09 with USB bus power.
USB Audio Interface for Direct Recording to Your DAW
Via its USB port, the TR-09 also functions as a high-quality 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface, providing a simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can even send individual drums to separate channels, thanks to the TR-09’s four discrete outputs over USB. Saving your favorite settings and sequencer patterns is easy too via the USB data backup function.
- Ultra-compact recreation of the iconic TR-909 drum machine
- Retains the sound, character, and user interface of the original TR-909
- Hands-on control over many parameters, including tune, level, decay, etc.
- Programmable via classic Step and Tap write modes
- Continue playing beats even while switching between write and play modes
- Four separate outputs via USB audio
- Trigger output for controlling external instruments equipped with trigger input
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
- 24-bit/96 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface
- Built-in powered mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional K-25m Keyboard Unit
|Category||Electronics > Audio > DJ & Speciality Audio > DJ Systems|
|Product Tags||Drum Machine|