Looking to sell an instrument? Talk to Fair Deal Music today
Considering selling an instrument?
Do you have a well cared for instrument that you would like to sell? We love to help provide a new life for unwanted instruments - which both helps the environment, and all of our music community find that perfect sound.
Points to think about:
- Before deciding to sell your instrument to a music shop, first consider if it may be more profitable to sell direct through an online auction site or to another musician in your friends and family network.
- Music retailers have a number of overheads and resale costs to consider when making you an offer for your instrument, which can sometimes be lower than you may have hoped for. We will always try our best to give you a Fair Deal for your unwanted instruments if they are something that we feel we can resell.
- One of the benefits of selling to a music shop however is that if your item is wanted by the store, the sale will usually happen quickly, and the money will be available in a relatively short period of time.
- The better quality and condition of the instrument, the greater the offer generally will be. Being able to sell the item with it's original box, manuals, power supply or case can all help to increase the value, and some items may only receive an offer if these items are available with your instrument.
- Rare, vintage and unusual instruments will usually be more sort after by a music shop, and command much better prices.
How does the Fair Deal Music process work?
- Before you contact us, gather together everything that belongs to your instrument. Find the manual, box and anything that might have been removed and stored for safe keeping.
- Give the instrument a good clean, and ensure that it is physically and functionally in good working order.
- Once you have decided that you want to sell your item, either call our Birmingham store on 0121 643 1685 or complete the form below to start the offer process. Please bear in mind we do not buy all instruments that are offered to us for sale for a number of reasons, and all offers remain subject to change until the final point of sale to Fair Deal Music.
- Please remember: when visiting the store or completing a sale in person, the seller's photographic ID MUST be shown as part of the final sales agreement. We do not make offers or buy without first checking over an instrument and meeting the seller.
Complete the form below or call 0121 643 1685 and provide as much information as you can. One of the team will be in touch soon.