Yamaha MSP5 STUDIO Bi-amplified Near Field Active Monitor (single)
Like the larger MSP7 STUDIO, the MSP5 STUDIO is a two-way bi-amplified bassreflex system that delivers outstanding monitoring precision for digital or analog production in stereo or surround formats. The more compact dimensions of the MSP5 STUDIO make it an ideal choice for smaller project studios and DAW based production systems.
The MSP5 STUDIO features a 5 inch cone woofer driven by a 40-watt amplifier and a 1 inch dome tweeter driven by a 27-watt amplifier. Other than woofer size, enclosure size, and amplifier power, the MSP5 STUDIO takes advantage of the same advanced materials and design technology that are behind the extraordinary performance of the MSP7 STUDIO.
The woofer and titanium-dome tweeter feature advanced magnetic structures that achieve exceptionally low distortion, and the tweeter works with a unique waveguide horn that achieves broad, uniform high frequency dispersion over 120 degrees for optimum balance regardless of listening position.
Advanced driver and enclosure design including the low-diffraction rounded baffle also ensure smooth, uniform dispersion across the systems full reproduction range. Flat frequency response out to 40 kHz makes the MSP5 STUDIO great for mastering, where high sample and bit rates are the norm.
Yamaha MSP 5 Features:
- Biamp 2-way Powered Speaker
- Crossover Frequency - 2.5 kHz LF: 24 dB/oct, HF: 24 dB/oct
- Overall Frequency Response - 50 Hz - 40 kHz (-10 dB)
- Maximum Output Level - 101 dB, 1 m on Axis
- Dimensions (W x H x D) - 179 x 279 x 208 mm
- Weight - 7.9 kg
- Magnetic Shielding - Yes
- Components - LF: 5'' cone HF: 1.0'' Titanium dome
- Enclosure - Type: Bass-Reflex Material - PP
- Output Power - LF: 40 W THD = 0.02 %, RL = 4 O
- Output Power - HF: 27 W THD = 0.02 %, RL = 6 O
- Input Connectors, Impedance - XLR-3-31 (balanced), 10 kO PHONE (unbalanced), 10kO
- Power Consumption - 60 W
|Product Tags||Active Bi-amped Nearfield Monitors|