Fender American Ultra Stratocaster MN Ultraburst, Ex Display
The American Ultra series sees Fender excel in the guitar world like never before. Intentionally designed for modern guitarists' needs, the Ultra ensures the ultimate precision and comfort while still maintaining their iconic branding.
Fender's classic tonewood combinations have been used to construct the American Ultra Strat. Featuring an Alder body, this timeless medium-weight material ensures tight and punchy lows with vibrant mids and articulate highs; a great tonal foundation for the single-coil pickups.
The Alder body is paired with a bolt-on Maple neck that further accentuates the top-end, achieving that distinctive Strat "snap". This particular American Ultra model, however, features a silky smooth Rosewood fingerboard that adds some crucial mid-range warmth - akin to a '60s Strat. A noteworthy update is the tapered neck heel, which allows easy access to the higher register.
Fitted with 22 Medium Jumbo frets that offer a super-modern and controllable feel, the fingerboard also follows an ergonomic 10" to 14" compound radius. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to fret, this radius flattens out the higher you go; making fast passages much easier to play. This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, which is an issue that older Strats are more prone to.
The most noteworthy aspect of the Fender American Ultra Strat is its pickups. Installed with a trio of Fender's new Ultra Noiseless Vintage single-coils, these pickups are designed to deliver that distinctive Strat sound without producing any of the annoying hum that afflicts older Fender single-coils. Making this guitar usable with overdrive and distortion, the American Ultra Strat is a highly-versatile instrument that can offer a diverse range of tones, especially with the S-1 switch that unlocks even more pickup combinations.
While the flexible electronics will appeal strongly to modern players, the hardware also isn't far behind when it comes to innovation and functionality. Fitted with a 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized tremolo, this particular bridge offers a smooth action for expressive vibrato, while ensuring superior tuning stability with its low-friction design. Combined with the set of Deluxe Locking tuners at the headstock, the Fender American Ultra Stratocaster is an incredibly reliable and road-ready guitar. An official Fender hard case comes included.
- Model Name: Fender American Ultra Stratocaster MN
- Series: American Ultra
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Colour: Ultraburst
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1™ Switch), Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Arm
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking
- Control knobs: Aged White Soft Touch Knobs
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Case: Elite Molded Case