Fender American Vintage II 1972 Telecaster Thinline, Lake Placid Blue
Featuring a “C”-shape hard rock maple neck, the American Vintage II 1972 Telecaster Thinline plays like a dream with a 7.25” radius fingerboard and vintage tall frets. To create authentic Wide-Range humbucking pickups, we resurrected CuNiFe magnets, an essential element in recreating the sonics of the originals. Characteristic of production in 1972, this Thinline is outfitted with a convenient "Bullet" style truss rod nut, three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt™ mechanism, “F” stamped tuners, 6-saddle string-through body hardtail with bent steel saddles and offered in Aged Natural, 3-Color Sunburst, and Lake Placid Blue over a semi-hollow ash body.
The Fender American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: 1- Piece Maple
- Neck Shape: 1957 "V"
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Pickup Cnfiguration: HH
- Pickups: 2x Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1, Tone 2
- Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Bridge: Pure Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage-Style