Fender Brent Mason Telecaster, Primer Grey
Brent Mason is a prolific session guitarist who has recorded on over 1,000 albums during his 50-year long career. Working with the likes of Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton and Carrie Underwood; Mason has truly reached legendary status with his signature licks heard in countless classic country songs.
Mason is synonymous with his heavily-modified '66'/'67 Telecaster, an instrument that he originally bought from a Nashville guitar shop in the early '80s. Famously resprayed in a grey auto primer and outfitted with an unconventional pickup configuration and control layout, not to mention a B-Bender too; Fender has lovingly recreated this iconic guitar as part of its new 'Stories Collection', which pays tribute to influential musicians and their beloved customised Fender electric guitars.
The Brent Mason Telecaster features the old-school Ash/Maple construction that so many of Fender's classic instruments adhere to. While the balanced-sounding Ash body serves as a fantastic tonal foundation for the trio of Seymour Duncan pickups, the Maple neck gives this instrument a definitive snap and plenty of upper mid-range clarity.
Both the body and neck are finished in satin urethane, with its porous coating allowing for an airier sound with lots of natural resonance. Incredibly smooth too, this allows you to play the Late '60s "C"-shaped neck without any stickiness hindering your speed.
This just might be one of the most versatile Telecasters you'll ever come across! Featuring an unusual combination of Seymour Duncan pickups comprising a Vintage Mini humbucker (neck), Hot Stack Strat STK-S2 (middle) and Vintage Stack Tele (bridge), the Brent Mason Telecaster provides you a super-wide palette of tones that can cover almost any genre! It's the perfect session guitar for an iconic session player.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Late '60s "C"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Vintage Stack Tele STK-T3B
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Hot Stack Strat STK-S2
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Vintage Mini HB
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Bridge: 6-saddle with Joe Glaser B-Bender System
- Hardware Finish: Chrome/Gold-Plated
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel Locking
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome Gold
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Black Hardshell
- Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)