Roland GP-9-PW Digital Grand Piano Polished White
The GP-9 brings you Roland’s premier piano experience, offering refined musical expression in a sophisticated and luxurious instrument that makes a majestic statement in any space. Elegant curves and finely crafted details project the bold look of a world class acoustic grand, while the advanced technologies inside deliver the touch, tone, and sound projection to match. You also get a world of modern benefits that flow with today’s lifestyles, including low-maintenance operation, onboard learning tools, Bluetooth connectivity, and much more.
Premier grand piano with an elegant high-gloss finish and finely crafted details
- Designed with Roland’s advanced Piano Reality approach for a refined musical experience
- Piano Reality Concert modeling sound engine provides authentic grand piano sound and response with unlimited polyphony
- Piano Reality Concert keyboard with progressive hammer action, escapement, and hybrid wood/molded keys with Ivory Feel, long key pivot length, and unique haptic vibration.
- Accelerated key sensing technology for ultra-detailed touch response
- Precision-crafted sustain, soft, and sostenuto pedals with continuous detection, damper modeling, and support for traditional techniques
- Piano Reality Concert Projection sound system with advanced sonic processing, premium audio components, and eight speakers with a dedicated center channel
- Smart touch panel with intuitive icons and switchable backlighting
- Adjust the piano tone with variable lid height and two prop sticks
- Low-maintenance design that never needs tuning
- Integrated casters for easy movement and a traditional look
- Connect a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth to play along with favourite songs and work with MIDI music apps
- Control GP-9 features, explore lessons, and more with the companion Roland Piano App
- Advanced metronome, recorder, and dual headphones jacks for daily practice
- USB ports for connecting with computers and flash storage devices
- Available in ebony and polished white finishes
The GP-9 embodies signature piano elegance with its flowing curves, solid lines, and striking high-gloss ebony and polished white finishes. Like an acoustic grand, the lid can be opened to different positions to adjust the sound character or closed to create a flat surface when not in use. Smart touch controls in the panel provide intuitive access to essential functions as needed. And when you’re ready to play, you can turn off their backlighting to eliminate distractions and maintain the acoustic aesthetic.
The GP-9 is built around advanced Roland’s Piano Reality approach, a sophisticated ecosystem of connected technologies comprising the sound engine, keyboard, pedals, audio components, and speakers. Each section is designed to work together flawlessly and transparently, allowing players to experience the purity of this wonderful instrument with unprecedented expression and realism.
Endlessly Inspiring Tone
Piano Reality Concert modeling leverages our latest technologies to recreate every sound-making element of an acoustic piano, putting the living response and complex tonal colors of a concert-class grand under your fingers. Modeled ambience is integrated into the sound engine, allowing you to play in realistic spaces such as an intimate studio, spacious concert hall, or large cathedral. And with unlimited polyphony, notes and resonances ring in full detail to translate every musical emotion.
Authentic Grand Playability
The Piano Reality Concert keyboard provides unbounded expression with progressive hammer action, escapement, hybrid wood/molded key construction with Ivory Feel, and advanced acceleration sensing technology for accurate detection of the subtlest playing nuances. Fine details further elevate the feel, including long key pivot length and haptic vibration that emulates the subtle vibrations from an acoustic piano’s body. High-performance sustain, soft, and sostenuto pedals round out the authentic experience, offering weighted feel, damper modeling, and support for traditional pedal techniques.
Full-Immersion Sound Experience
The GP-9 features the Piano Reality Concert projection sound system, where multi-channel amplification, premium audio circuitry, and advanced sonic processing come together for the ultimate full-surround piano experience. The cabinet construction, speaker placement, and lid angle have all been carefully tuned to deliver the same bold and immersive sound presentation as a concert grand in a performance hall. And notes naturally move across the immediate sound field as you play, mirroring the physical string positions on an acoustic grand’s soundboard.
Personalize the Sound and Feel
The GP-9 offers several world-class grand piano sounds that are ready to enjoy. But if you’re an experienced player, you can dive into the onboard Piano Designer tools to further refine the tone and response for your personal touch. Adjust the string tuning and temperament, fine-tune keyboard sensitivity and duplex scaling, shape cabinet resonances, and much more.
Easy Integration with Your Wireless World
With onboard Bluetooth, you can use your favorite mobile devices with the GP-9. Stream songs from your music library through the piano’s speaker system to play along or provide background when relaxing or entertaining. Or use Bluetooth MIDI with music production apps to wirelessly compose using the GP-9’s responsive weighted keyboard. USB ports are also available for connecting with computers and flash storage devices, providing more ways to explore your creativity and share music performances.
Roland Piano App
The Roland Piano App seamlessly extends the GP-9 experience with remote operation from your smartphone or tablet. Select sounds, control the metronome, and use the recording feature to evaluate your playing and hear where you need to improve. Browse the piano’s onboard songs and a growing range of selections on Roland Cloud, and then call up digital scores to learn them at your own pace. And motivate yourself with lesson features that include an activity log with goals, flash card games, rhythm exercises, and a One Week Master program that guides you through learning different piano pieces.
Greatly reduced weight (169.0 kg/372.6 lb.) makes the GP-9 far easier to move than any acoustic grand, and there’s no need for professional tuning or other regular maintenance. Volume control is within easy reach, and you can connect headphones to play anytime without disturbing others. The onboard metronome and simple rhythms help develop your sense of timing during daily practice sessions. And with Twin Piano mode, you can split the keyboard into two independent sections and play alongside a family member, friend, or teacher.